Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Games

Options
  • 13-06-2003 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just completed Alice and my god what a game!!! So my question was can anyone name any other games in it's style? I plan on getting my hands on Undying the trailer on the Alice disk got me interested :) so any suggestions are good.
    Thanks,
    BoB_BoT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Get the Goemon games for N64 seriously nothing is weirder or try Silicon Valley for N64.

3 completley mad games.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Undying was brillant,
    a real story line to keep you guessing lots of surpizes and not straight out puzzles but alternate ways of looking at stuff.

Very creepy, very cool, but then again it is Clive :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have to agree. Undying was a great game and probably one of the scariest. Well worth buying.

If you want weirdness no western games can match the japs. Just take a look at Parodius or bishi bashi special or what KdjaC mentions. They are only the games that weren't too weird for a release outside japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Wasn't Space Station Silicon Valley done by DMA?

I'd love to get my hands on it, it sounded fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Undying's fun.

But if you want REALLY odd then probably best bet on Nights for the Saturn <a classic game>.

Incidentally I saw they've released a Sonic collection for the GC. At 50 quid! FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    If you want weirdness no western games can match the japs. .

What about Sanitarium? That was pretty fecked.

A bit off topic: One of the scariest (maybe not so weird) games I have played and that I'm currently playing is Silent Hill 3. Talk about scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Wasn't Space Station Silicon Valley done by DMA?

I'd love to get my hands on it, it sounded fantastic.

Yup. In fact, if you hold down A or B before the DMA man pops up at the start you get to see him be mauled by animals in different ways! Different ways!

The game is fantastic for other reasons, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Just make sure if you are getting Undying that you have the recommended and not the minimum system requirements.

Otherwise you'll be faced with painful loading times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

afaik the developers of Alice are working on a big new game. I can't remember what though :( Try the developer's website.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Have the soundtrack to Alice - Has some lovely tunes...
    Undying was good, although I found that the scare factor began to severely wain after the first act (First Act managing to catch me out in many many weird and wonderful ways)

Overall it's a good game to check out.

Alone In The Dark 4 is fun if you want some quirky scares with little chance of actually dying (If you're smart) but I had completed it within 2 days (With both characters) and like most games it began to waver near the end.

Haven't bought too many games recently, so I can't offer much.
    All I can say is stick to the classics...

Resident Evil 1 & 2, Silent Hill and all that rot :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement