Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid question ?

Options
  • 13-06-2003 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭

I lib=ve in an area that will only be offered flatrate (56k) for the moment
    will this flat rate be actual unmetered as such ?
    what i mean is ,,, will I have 24/7 access ?
    I laready have no limits with the last 3 years ;)
    and am using it away fine ;)
    Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's not a stupid question. For most people posting about FRIACO, the amount of time they'll be allowed use seems to be at or near the top of their list of questions.

It's a question that seems to have been pretty much answered in the various threads on the subject but seeing as they're spread fairly well around...

Most suppliers seem to be working around the majic figure of 150 hours. UTV are the only supplier that have been willing to post here and confirm that figure as a starting point. Reportedly Esat are working around the same figure. With Eircom it's less clear (as always) but SkepticOne has posted and 150 hours is again the figure he's heard. Whether these figures will be cast in stone or left vague is unclear with the second two providers above.

Whether NoLimits users will be migrated to any new Esat service is a topic no-one seems to have any info on whatever. The obvious disadvantage if they are is that the hours will become a firm 150 max. The advantage is that these hours will include daytime usage. Personally, as a current NoLimits subscriber, I'm sticking where I am as my usage is sometimes fairly high (as in "more than 150 hours per month") and I can cope with evening access only and a pay pre minute service during the day, expensive as that is. I'm still tempted by broadband offerings but any less than a 10Gb cap probably wouldn't make it worth anything to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by sceptre
    With Eircom it's less clear (as always) but SkepticOne has posted and 150 hours is again the figure he's heard. Whether these figures will be cast in stone or left vague is unclear with the second two providers above.
    I haven't heard any specific figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    I haven't heard any specific figures.
    I should learn to read more carefully. Disregard the Eircom bit above then vectra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Some sort of tiered product I think they are going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Vectra, i think the main thing to remember is that you will have 24/7 access . You may have a quote of time, but you can use that time at any time of the day unlike all the off-peak flat rate services.

• Advertisement
Advertisement