Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Um a little self-defense here

Options
  • 22-11-1998 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Yes, I have indeed caused a lot of hassle to particular people over the time of my ops. And yes, this is a little unfair towards those peope. But I did not pick their names from a hat - anybody I treat unfairly has done something to deserve it. Usually quite a lot.

I explained my actions on the night in question to suds, and he agreed with my actions.

To sumamrise the evening as best I remember it :

Vorosha came in and started his usual giving out. Then he started changing his name every 3 seconds or so. Then he changed it to Dream[otE], so I banned him and told him he could onyl come back if he changed it to another name.
    THings went on for some time, and I basically got a bit annoyed with him ( shock horror, I got annoyed - so ****in sue me )

VOr snuck back into #quake and I banned him again. This caused Cave to go completey bananase and he started shouting abuse in the channel for no apparent reason.

With regards to the comment about me "thinking up excuses for banning people when they **** me off", yeah I said that. But as anyone who knows me will tell you I 'm a great lyar.

Offhand I recall saying it after banning a number of people for changing their names to Dream[otE] and similar things - I didn 't feel like spending all night warning a handful of morons, so I used the above warning.

I can be a little over the top with my ops sometimes, but whenever I am, one of my fellow ops tends to ask me about it and occasionaly I realise the error of my ways and unban a possibly victim of my own mood.

So to wrap it up - Yes, I was in a bad mood, Yes, I shouldn 't have said some of those things, and Yes, I was damn right to ban Vorosha. As far as I 'm concerned - q2ers in #quake talking is fine. q2ers arguing about q2 is fine. But q2ers who come in and do nothing but cause trouble will be banned like anyone else.

Period.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Thanks for that rant Silence. Simple enough...it's all lies. All of it. So let me speak your language for asec...

Sure I may entertain the crowds in #quake at your expense abit. Can you not handle it when everyone laughs at you? Well having dat sweet '@' beside your name AND being a pain sure singles you out alot. You shouldn't have ops if you can't handle them. You've proved you can't...simple enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Bunnor

neeeeeeee *click click click*
    uuh uuh

thats you that is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I have to agree with Vorosha on this one Silence as you can't take a slagging yet you do take great pleasure in insulting,winding up and going out of your way to p*ss off as many people as you can in both your comment's and your rant's,rant's which your comment's usualy turn into.

I am also at a loss to know why somebody(Vorosha)is not allowed to use a nick that you don't use anymore.Does this mean if a newbie join's #quake using the nick Dream he or she will get banned and abused for something that they know nothing about.

The prosicution rest's, your witness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Nothing like a good old *****ing session and a bit of scandal eh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Bunnor

Nothing like a 10 hour session with stroong pc's.....cheers Eric :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Nothing like Coca-Cola.
    Nothing like Tropicana.
    Nothing like beer and pizza.

Advertisement