Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQCL - A Week To Go, But...

Options
  • 23-11-1998 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Hi Kharn,

Just a question from reading the IQCL Fixtures page. You say the matches are on :

Week 1 - 28th - 29th/11/1998

Err, Could you tell us what Day, Sat or Sunday?, What Times?, What Servers ? are we meeting on Irc before hand ? Who are the Admins for the matches etc ?

Just thought Id throw that one in, Cos I think the teams would really need to know that in advance :)

Thanx
    Eric.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

yes, Eric I was just asking about that myself...

I believe that the dates are to be finalised this coming Wednesday, hopefully in time for ample notice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

keep yeer pants on ffs:P
    addicts!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

OK, here's the deal...

After a chat with Ed today, I'm happy to report we will most likely have 2 servers - probably iqcl1/2.quake.ie

We'll be meeting in IRC 10 mins before-hand.
    Muppet that I am - I forgot to put this up in the rules *DOH*

I've already said who the admins are but, once again (in no particular order)...
    Me, DeVore, Adrastea, SeP, Scarab and H-K.
    This was posted on iqcl.quake.ie - but between updates to the site and whatever, it's not there at the moment. It'll be up in a minute (the other browser window's got the admin bit open).

Matches will (like last year) be played on Saturdays and Sundays. Because we have the extra server, we'll get through them much quicker and we mightn't even need to play on Sundays (or Saturdays if ye'd prefer)!
    Times - most likely 2pm to 5pm - that's allowing an hour per match to be played, so realisticly, we should probably finish up before that.

There will be more details after our (the admins) meeting on Wednesday.
    If too many people feel that this won't be enough time, we'll postpone for another week.

Let me say once again - I'm sorry for the bit of messing there's been - between rules not being clear and what have you. Expect a nice smoothly run league from now on.

Dav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Yah thanx Kharn,

That almost clears things up, except the EXACT times for the matches and What maps were supposed to be playing.. Or did i miss somethang ?

A suggestion that since the teams are actually only getting like 3 days advance notice, it would be nice if the comp was set back at least a week to let the teams get some sort of preperation.

Thanx again :)
    Eric

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

WAAAaaaah!

Why do ppl need more time, we all knew this was happening this weekend, and we'll know on Wednesday exact times etc.

NOONE is going to train realistically since hardly any clans train anyway and it wont make a difference.

The map has been known for over a week now. Its DM3 if ppl didnt know.

The only reason I can think of for delaying is that the quake.ie servers seem to be in bad shape at the mo but I doubt that an extra week will make much difference if it cant be fixed before the weekend.

Lets just play the goddamned games.
    DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement