Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which county to you hate to loose to

• 12-06-2003 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

As a county Sligo citizen the result of last Sundays match is hard to take for I hate to get beaten by Mayo.

What's your special 'hate' county?

Which county do you hate most 16 votes

Meath
    0% 0 votes
    Cork
    31% 5 votes
    Mayo
    12% 2 votes
    Dublin
    6% 1 vote
    Tyrone
    31% 5 votes
    Armagh
    0% 0 votes
    Galway
    0% 0 votes
    Kerry
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes
    Ack, I love all the counties of Ireland..bless them
    12% 2 votes
    I tend to Hate all the big counties like dublin, cork, kerry etc
    6% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I think you will find that most people will "hate" their closest rival
    or neighbour like Galway/Mayo Cork/Kerry and so on

However, I hate two counties for both football and personal reasons those 2 counties are

Meath Pigfcukers
    and Cork clowns

If I had only one bomb in which to destroy one county It would be Meath. they have nothing good to offer this country and those savages should be wiped off the planed.

But being from Dublin means we have developed a tolerance for lesser people ( bascially everyone who is not a dub) and we have learned to accept that meath is just one of those things in life that one must endure...like crotch rot or scabies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I'll agree with the Meath bit. Especially in football where the hate runs especially deep when I think of that bald-headed fecker who thankfully is now injured but who actually lives and has done for years in Westmeath. Yes it's true that fecker Ollie Murphy is not even a Meathman.
    Originally posted by Alany
    But being from Dublin means we have developed a tolerance for lesser people ( bascially everyone who is not a dub) and we have learned to accept that meath is just one of those things in life that one must endure...like crotch rot or scabies

I thought the dubs hate anyone from outside the pale which includes large sections of Meath, Kildare, Wickla and a bit of Louth if i'm not mistaken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I pretty much echo Als sentiment there. Imposter, historically you are correct but in recent times the size of the pale has been reduced to the County of Dublin due to our abhorrence of all things culchie!

Originally posted by Waylander
    I pretty much echo Als sentiment there. Imposter, historically you are correct but in recent times the size of the pale has been reduced to the County of Dublin due to our abhorrence of all things culchie!
    And here was me under the impression that GAA in Dublin is just played by culchies (or culchies once removed). I thought all the 'real' dubs were into soccer and rugby depending on where they were from!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Originally posted by Waylander

'Culchies' feel the same way about Dublin - they're mostly ABD supporters.

• Advertisement

as are the ref's ... I think there are very few ref's that the dubs would feel are "impartial" the biggest fecker in this group of ABD
    is Brian White...yes I know hes a crap ref in general and a total bollox however I think he is especially bad when it come to dublin

I think the discipline tommy has introduced into the dublin team has eliminated the risk of ref's being able to pick on us...but its still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Dublin
    Offaly *biffos*
    Kildare

acourse.... Laois will add Dublin to the list of teams we have beaten this year this Sunday :)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Meath
    Monaghan
    Tyrone
    Down
    Antrim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Tyrone
    Armagh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

Derry
    Meath

• Advertisement

I think that we can all agree. Everyone hates Meath, even some Meath people. It is a county that is easy to hate. As for you Kaim, wake up and smell the coffee. But I would like to wish Laois luck going throught the qualifiers as I would rahter meet them again later then some of the other teams that could come through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Guess what I hate Meath too.

Disgruntled Westmeath man:)

i thought a poll would be fun here

Originally posted by Alany
    i thought a poll would be fun here

Pity in a way there isn't room for all 32 counties? But what can you do?

yeah...I had a tough desision

When I was a wee fella back in the 70's, I remember the epic Dublin V Kerry matches. Remember? And in those matches everybody wanted Kerry to win. And Dublin was on everybody's hate list.
    This changed when Dublin stopped winning. And it was what seemed like 20 years before Dublin won an All Ireland. Then it wasn't too bad - fair play to Dublin.

Eh, not everyone wanted Kerry to win. Al that poll is set up so you can vote more then once. You can vote for Cork too. Jesus I hope no Meath fans come browsing in this forum for a while.

Jesus I hope no Meath fans come browsing in this forum for a while.
    Maybe if they do they could get banned. It's not aas though they'd be wanted here anyway! :D

Oh and good call on putting Mayo on that list. Where I grew up there were so many 'immigrants' from Mayo and let's just say there was only one county in Ireland that was ever going to win the All-Ireland, ever (football all-ireland that is). Oh and Hurling obviously wasn't a proper sport!

yeah I should have limited it to one vote...but i cant change that now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Cork.

Out of all the counties to loose to, they're the ones that truly truly irritate me with their <cork acccent> Ribel conty!</accent> [1] sh*te

I don't have a large problem with Meath. Most of the meath people I know are bang on even with all things GAA/Dublin related.

[1] "Rebel County"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Londonderry - I hate losing to them, because when we do, we don't hear the end of it, oh yes, and half the feckin teams from Tyrone.
    Armagh - Big culchies: They have the most disgusting accent outside of Monaghan. All we (in Tyrone) hear of is how great the Armagh support is, wel I'll tell you something, during the months of August and September 2002 an awful lot of new Armagh supporters appeared.
    Meath - Again the culchie factor comes into play, but the fashion in which we were beaten in '96 by them is heart breaking, because we were kicked off it, i was 9 at the time and i cried the whole way home, i watched the video of it again yesterday, it still shatters me.
    Dublin - There's the hill 16 factor, when you lose to Dublin, thats all you can see, hear and think of for the next few weeks, that swaying mass of blue, it just destroys you mentally. of course there's '95 as well, but i'll say no more on that.

Advertisement