Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky + arrived - New orders

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Originally posted by kevmac
    Andyeire,

Does anyone know if NTL will let you do this?

No - I checked last night of availability and found the "small print" stated that you must take the tv package in order to get broadband ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

OK, that means I am going to scale back my NTL TV points from three rooms to one to save a few a quid at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Kevmac you have a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Got it, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Got Sky + installed today.If you are in Dublin use Tony brilliant job friendly service .Turned up on the date and time he said.I would recommend him to anybody

Originally posted by Tony
    3 weeks seems like a long time but to be fair they must charge in advance as there is so much credit card fraud out there. We normally debit a few days before install as it takes this long for the bank to clear payment.
    Regards Tony
    They could just get an authorisation from the customers credit card though couldnt they?
    That lowers your available credit by the amount and guarantees payment to them.
    But it will not appear on your statement untill, they request payment from the credit card, which needn't be untill the install is done.
    So , if the transaction is done in the middle of your "56" day free period on your Credit card, you won't be forced to pay up prior to ever having the equipment installed and working.
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

The money was charged to my card within an hour of the order.The credit was 'charged' to my card 4 days after Sky said they could not do job( according to Sky).Money still not back in my account 7 days after Sky said they had actioned credit.They could authorise payment if they wanted but they choose not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by andyeire
    Got Sky + installed today.If you are in Dublin use Tony brilliant job friendly service .Turned up on the date and time he said.I would recommend him to anybody

Thanks Andy, it was really nice to meet you and your family

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by Man
    They could just get an authorisation from the customers credit card though couldnt they?
    That lowers your available credit by the amount and guarantees payment to them.
    But it will not appear on your statement untill, they request payment from the credit card, which needn't be untill the install is done.
    So , if the transaction is done in the middle of your "56" day free period on your Credit card, you won't be forced to pay up prior to ever having the equipment installed and working.
    mm

Unfortunately you can only get "authorisation" for a particular day but this does not excuse sky's behaviour in this regard. One of my customers told me that they were let down by sierra and then to re book they would be charged again and still wait 3 weeks or so for the refund on the original booking. According to Bank of Ireland credit card services who we use, a card should not be charged until either goods are shipped or about to be installed and in any case refunds should take only one day to appear back in your account.

I think the finance people at sky are "scamming" this one

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement