Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

salmon of doubt

• 13-06-2003 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

I feel vaguely cheated by this , it was billed as the book rescued from the hard drive of the late Mr. Douglas Adams computer and salvaged by Stephen Fry (which might have been a clue but might not have been) , but in fact seems to be a randon collection of letters, articles and ramblings about brief anecdotal encounters with Apple Macs and Rhinos.

But I do say vaguely as it's still quite entertaining in a kind of I still cant believe i paid £16 for this kind of way , and I guess Douglas had the last laugh after all.

see if it comes out on paperback and look out for the signed copies.

great title if you know your irish mythology !

anyone else read it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I read it and thouroughly enjoyed a last chance to read some more DNA,
    Yes its all scraps and excerpts but they gave a nice insight into ole douglas.

/me runs off to re-read Dirk Gently novels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 underdog

Yeah, it was patchy, but I think well worth the money. It was genuinely entertaining and some of the stuff was hilarious...
    Interesting but frustrating to see the start of the dirk gently book he was working on - it had the typical start, where you don't see how the hek these things are related (Daveland and a rhino?)...but we'll never know how he was going to tie these things together...rats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Its definately been out in paperback,had a few copies through the remainders.

Kind of reminds me of the Asimov anthologies they published after his death (Gold springs to mind though there were others).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i liked it and thought it was better then some of his other stuff, i think i did think that the dirk gently stuff would be more substantial but a well, the ancedote about how we should fix the song from the sound of music was class

Advertisement