Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics

Options
  • 13-06-2003 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

All I have left is the econmics (hurray). Has anyone got any tips or any vague ideas as to what might appear on the paper. Also can people post up what came appeared on their mock paper please.

Thanks in advance

-Stevo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

There was a Thread on this a few days ago

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100124

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

What I would advise is that you do every single short question in the past exam papers and any others that you can get your hands on i.e. sample papers, mock papers etc.

If you answer a good short question section that'll really get you in a good frame of mind for the rest of the paper! Economics can be a great subject to finish on!

All I can say is...
    Know your markets inside out
    ie.
    Definition
    Features
    Compare them to other markets
    Know your graphs ie Long run, short run etc

Know a few of the statistics ie current inflation rate, unemployment rate etc

Common sense is important in answering the economics so I'm sure you'll have no bother with it!

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

What came up in what year in section B (from Exam Brief):

Demand/Supply 97,99,00,01
    Elasticity 98,99,01,02
    Perfect Competition 97,02
    Monopoly/Price Disc. 98,00
    Imperfect Competition 01
    Oligopoly 99
    Costs of Production 00,02
    Labour/Economic Rent 01
    Enterprise 99,98
    Unemployment 97,98,02
    Banking 97,00,02
    National Income/Mult 97,98(twice),00,01
    Law of Comp. Adv 97,00,02
    Exchange Rates/Trade 98,99,01
    Government/Tax 97(twice),98,99(twice),00,01,02
    Inflation 01
    Economic Growth/Dev. 99
    Competitiveness 02
    Capital 00,02

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

Can't wait for it, it's possibly the best subject for points in terms of study : points ratio :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I have a big feeling enterprise is coming up this year.
    BTW There is some questions ,which you could get asked, which are hard to answer for example:

Why are entrepeneurs important in the economy?

I got that question in my mocks and I start writing a paragraph on the subject, I got little marks. I downloaded the Marking schemes from http://www.education.ie and I found out how to answer it, 5 short points. Download the marking schemes for higher marks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Competitiveness
    Price stability/inflation

Very topical all year

God luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

yeah the econ paper is usually v topical...i remember my year there was a question on tax harmonisation because it was around at the time and it's not mentioned in any text book (or at least wasn't pre. 2001)......elasticity is always a really handy question and usually similar every year....section A, the best thing is to look over past papers...they repeat questions *all* the time, and that section is worth like 25% or something for a few short questions - madness ;)

Advertisement