Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best anti-virus program

Options
  • 13-06-2003 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

What do you tihnk is the best anti-virus program cos i want to get one.....i've tried norton but it's annoying any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

http://www.grisoft.com/

I'm using that one, it's free* even the definition update, and it is working with Outlook... Well I don't use Outlook anyway but it might be a good point, AVG scan in and outgoing email.

Raphael

* I didn't check but I guess this is free only for educational or personal use... not commercial (i.e in a company...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Norton 2003 best IMHO.

Macaffee even latest pro edition is pants, too damn slow, takes up too much CPU for VShield. Deletes longs of infected files cause its not clever enough to be able to clean them.
    AVP, Fprot used to all be v good a few years back..now? nope

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

We use Sophos Antivirus in work.

Works well, does everyting it needs to do and is very good for remote management.

Another nice touch is that staff in a company using Sophos are licenced to use it at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Originally posted by raphaelS
    http://www.grisoft.com/

I'm using that one, it's free* even the definition update, and it is working with Outlook... Well I don't use Outlook anyway but it might be a good point, AVG scan in and outgoing email.

Raphael

Grisoft are vely slow at bringing out updates, even to there 'professional' version, which is not free.
    I'd reccomend f-secure as a solution.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Symantec, install turn an liveupdate and it just works!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭neohoki

long story short i had a virus and got norton (yeh i know afterwards aint the best) and it kept on stopping all the time and slowed down my computer horribly (i bet you're thinking it's cos your computer sucks neohoki.........but i have a 2.53 ghz p4 and 512mb ram .....it's okay apology accepted) so i had to format it cos i couldnt even get online.....*gives norton the finger*

Advertisement