Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with my Sony-made Dell UltraScan P1110 21-inch (19.8" VIS)

• 13-06-2003 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭

After an hour or two of use my monitor becomes extremely fuzzy. I then have to plug it out for an hour or so before I can use it again :(

The monitor is not under warranty anymore. Has this happened to anyone else?

Can anyone recommend a place in Dublin that repairs monitors?

I've had terrible luck with Dell components :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Bump....Anybody ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

If you look at the golden pages, there is a guy in blanchardstown who did an excellent job repairing mine.
    This is it here...
    1 , Springlawn Drive, 15
    (01) 8211587

Thanks for the name & number. I'm sending the monitor to him tomorrow.

Bah, after three weeks of hmming and more hmming Brendan has decided he can't fix it. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Ah well, hopefully he doesn't charge you. Theres also a place on dorset st that I was recommended, Dorset TV or something. Though you may not want to take another recommendation from me :)

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I no longer own the PC that came with this monitor. Dell won’t even speak to me without the reference from the PC itself. I’ve no way of getting the reference now. :/

I appreciate your advice Gerry. I’m going to give Dorset TV a buzz. I’m willing to try anything. Forking out nearly a grand on a new monitor isn’t my idea of fun.

Advertisement