Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon 9800 or GF4 ?

• 13-06-2003 12:37pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im selling my current machine with a GF4 ti 4200 in it and the replacement machine comes with an ATI Radeon 9800 128mb.

Basically i need to know which is the better performer ?
    New basic specs,P4 2.8,256ddr ram,Ati radeon 9800 128mb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The 9800 is a much better performer. Without a doubt.

The only Nvidia card that comes close is the new 5900s really (the 5800 is a bit iffy).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Look up reviews on the web (Anandtech, Hardocp etc). When using AF and AA the 9800 is in the region of 150%+ faster than any GF4. With out using AA and AF its still much faster.

Matt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks guys :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ok ive checked some reviews but they make reference to Radeon 9800 Pro and not the 9800 i was quoted from Dell .
    The one im talking about from Dell is Radeon 9800,they do have Pro version but lot more expensive.
    Does the 9800 non Pro version still out perform my GF4 ?
    Just a bit confused tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lewcifer

yea even the non pro version will kick your gforce 4's ass. if i were u i'd wait for 2 weeks and then pick up a geforce fx 5900 ultra. but i doubt dell'll do them. komplett do tho!

• Advertisement
Advertisement