Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zwan cancel euro tour

• 13-06-2003 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

folks the only reason to go to witness have cancelled.....

http://www.nme.com/news/105297.htm

:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

i welcome the move.
    that crowd have ruined any hope i had left of enjoying the smashing pumpinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

why so??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Probably 'cos he's a moron who expected Zwan to be the Pumpkins MkII?

Dissapointing to hear, but I'm not too worried. I wasn't planning on going to that yawnfest this year anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Was due to see them at Witnness and also in Hurricane next week. Having seen them on Jools Holland the other week I'm not too worried. Seeing them alongside Radiohead their music just seems empty or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

true, they are not a patch on the might of the pumpkins but take them at face value and they're ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

that was the only reason I was considering going to witness.
    :( true, of course they aren't a patch on SP...but I think they're ok
    I'd go to see them live:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

If any one else is going to glastonbury there not playing there either according to that link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

Cliche Cliche. "better to go out with a bang rather than fade away"
    As such a bad imitation, Zwan put me off the original. I wasn't expecting SP MK2 but I admit, I wouldn't say no. I was expecting something new, a different direction. Ignoring their history Zwan come across as a poor Smashing Pumpkins tribute band. In light of who they are Zwan sound like a cheap cash in. I'm not saying they are a lost cause. Just atm I can't bare? the sound of them. Maybe in the time that would have been spent touring they will get something worth touring together.
    **All imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

Can't believe they're not playing...shocking really. Was looking forward to seeing them live.The last time i saw Billy live was at the last european SP gig which was quite a while ago. Although i'm also of the opinion that zwan are nothing much compared to ye olde Smashing Pumpkins...but it would have made for an interesting show at witnness.Disappointing but not overly so...

Advertisement