Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD-R question

• 13-06-2003 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭

Dunno if this should be on the komplett board but here goes:
    I am about to buy DVD-R discs that write at 4x but my writer only writes at 2x (it's a Pioneer DVR-A04). Will those discs be O.K?
    I know it depends on the manufacturer of the discs to some extent.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

When the Discs say 4x it means max of 4 speed. If you try to burn it at 10 speed you mite have a problem. Not the other way around. I have a DVD+R 2speed and theres no problem - fire ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭lukin

Thanks, I hope you're right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i would recomend you buying your disks at SVP they are quite a bit cheaper and offer a better range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭lukin

Yeah, I know about that site but I'm looking for 9.4 GB discs and SVP don't have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Not tryin to be smart or anything but i dont understand the question ??

I think they will be ok m8.. but they,ll only burn at 2x ??
    Also the manufacturer of discs does matter dependin on what u want if for.. films use the best discs available etc but data ordinary bog stadard should be ok m8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Sure it'll burn but you can save some cash by buying x2 discs instead. There's no point in buying faster if your burner can't use the full speed potential, x2 will most likely be cheaper.

Advertisement