Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ikernel.exe and privileges

Options
  • 13-06-2003 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

whenever i try to install new mobo drivers (asus a7n8x deluxe - nforce2) like the 2.03 ones from nvidia.com, it comes up with a warning saying:
    "Installshield (iKernel.exe) could not be installed.
    IKernel.exe could not be copied to 'c:\program files\common files\installshield\6\intel'. Make sure you have the appropriate privileges to copy files to this folder. (0x20)"

i recently had windows 2000 pro re-installed and this started happening only since then. never before this (i had win 2k bfore aswell). this is getting mighty annoying as now i have to stick with the standard mobo drivers i got on the install cd. any help would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Are you logged in as an Admin
    Have you uninsteled the prevoius version
    have you turned off all other progs including AV ones
    Try in VGA mode...

Defrag & checking disk for errors - might not solve the problem - but at least you will be doing something while waiting for soulution

and install the command console now
    \i386\winnt32 /cmdcons

(I'm not going to ask if it's the right driver :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lewcifer

i have the exact same problem! could you elaborate on the last 2 lines? command console? ive tried it on admin aswell and the same thing happened. :( im runnin win2k pro wit service pack 3. aragorn, did you try installing service pack 3?

Advertisement