Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your ideas and feedback please.

Options
  • 13-06-2003 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I am in the middle of setting up microsoft-reseller.com and .net

The site is taken a lot of work you may be aware we cant use microsoft logos for copyright reasons, the site will basically be

information on products
    mirrored product reviews
    support forums
    product listings
    microsoft news
    and basically we will sell via amazon and earn a commission.

The logo is very important can you tell me what is good and bad about this one ?

microsoftreseller.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Not a bad logo , how close to the original are you allowed to go ? That one looks very microsoftish, you may have the men in suits complaining

Have you tried becoming an authorised reseller perhaps ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Originally posted by Darth Homer

Have you tried becoming an authorised reseller perhaps ?

Some day, too much work at the moment. Just want to get a decent portal going there is a lot of code going into it at the moment for backends etc.. so it will be easy to update and I have some editors on board. Plus the fact microsoft only sells via resellers in Europe is good as if you call microsoft they tell u to go to a reseller so we should be able to get a good SEO, have to look into getting sites to link us etc.

I have showed the logo to some microsoft people that I work with they have not had a problem with it I also went over there copyright policys

http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

it does not seem to be breaken them, its pretty far off their current logo to be honet the shapes the font and we added an extra colour.

They allow u to display their logos for a price however I think making our own brand is good too.

Maybe the green reseller bit make that light blue ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

I think you could make the 'microsoft' word less faded - It is the main focus of your logo and should be prominant and solid. The faded circles in the background look good.

The 'reseller' might look better in some other colour, but i can't think of any suggestions apart from the same blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Might look a bit better without the slight italicization too. Maybe make the capital "R" lowercase, like the "M" is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

You are sooo going to get sued.

Originally posted by p
    You are sooo going to get sued.

hardly,

Thanks for your feedback guys, i will throw the logo back to the drawing board to see what sort of improvments we can come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by tom-thebox
    hardly,

Thanks for your feedback guys, i will throw the logo back to the drawing board to see what sort of improvments we can come up with.

Yeah hardly, P is just a looser that goes round sending negitive comments on every topic :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I use a sharper different looking font and something other than blue. Even split the word. But some lines through it or something. Relying on the play of the word and how it looks is a bit lightweight no?

quite true, thanks again for the feedback guys I had a developer take a look at it and he gave me some tips.

Can be tricky really want to stay away from any sort of trademark infringement.

Thanks again for your feedback. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement