Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Clicksilver, it's officially here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Not bad. Pricing is good. Terms and conditions are similar to those in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

*groan*

12 Months :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Martin-UTVi

Thanks, we were just about to officially post :) As mentioned above all details available at the website:

u.tv/clicksilver

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Smidders

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but here , it says that ClickSilver is 512k/256k. That doesn't seem to be the standard RADSL offering being re-sold by all the others.... Is this a different product ??

Smidders

Charge for going over the cap is a bit more reasonable than the others:
    # 6.5 You will be entitled to download up to 5 Gigabytes of information in any given month. If you go over this limit then we reserve the right to charge you for any additional downloaded material (at 1.5cent inc VAT per MB)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

yep it does say 512/256, its defo not the standard radsl offering of 512/128, hmmm

Im going to hold off on this for the moment, will look into this a bit more, im wondering are you using your own dslams and not eircoms, or whats the story.

I would have to order sky digital just when this drops in my e-mail.

Can UTV confirm what they actually do to test the lines for the BB service or are you guys relying on eircoms database

Just wondering

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

only €16 per extra gb. Least its getting lower i guess.
    Also interested to know if u do ur own tests or rely on eircon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

under EUR50 a month (inc vat), EUR100 installation (including modem: Fujitsu FDX310 external model), 512/256, 5GB cap (not upfront like eircom, just mentioned in the t&cs - I presume you guys would be more likely to enforce this against repeat offenders?)

and its from UTVi

what more could you want?

If I were in Ireland i'd get it. I mean the family is on EUR30/month for 150 hrs offpeak connected at 33kpbs...

I'll be recommending this to them and my brother who has just got a phone line where he lives..

gluck UTVi and good work :)

Colm

ps- reselling esat's DSL? (from T&Cs: "You acknowledge that UTV Internet's provision of the Service and its ability to provide the Service is dependent upon Esat and its ability to provide certain parts of the Service to UTV Internet. ")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by LoBo
    ps- reselling esat's DSL? (from T&Cs: "You acknowledge that UTV Internet's provision of the Service and its ability to provide the Service is dependent upon Esat and its ability to provide certain parts of the Service to UTV Internet. ")

This is not right, is it?

512/256 is what ESAT provide on LLU lines for €109 and No Cap 24:1 contention.

Do clarify Martin !

Originally posted by LoBo
    also
    You acknowledge that due to contention on both the Esat network and UTV Internet's access link, the speed of the Service may be reduced or may not be available at times.
    Would explain the 512/256. I think we should be told. :)

• Advertisement

I just rang esat themselves and asked what the statement that they have to provide certain parts of the service to UTV is all about

And they knew nothing about it, I spoke to a corporate sales person and a normal residential sales drone and the blank expressions you could feel coming through the phone

probably wouldnt have been told but interesting to note

Would like to have this clarified as well

Shin

The 512/256 could also just be a mistake carried over from from the Northern version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Was wondering why Esat were even mentioned in the T&C's myself...

Do clarify Martin
    Our mistake on the website - it is 128 uplink. Amending the website now.
    Can UTV confirm what they actually do to test the lines for the BB service or are you guys relying on eircoms database
    As Eircom provide the wholesale access to the lines, then we, like all other DSL providers, are using the test results from Eircoms database. OLO's do not have access to perform these tests or variations thereof themselves.

Heres the skinny folks and i think youll be surprised

1) What the esat part means in the T and Cs is the 40 exchanges that esat have UTV will be operating out of and out of those only, it will be a 512/256 service so long as the ESAT network can cope with it, when more esat exchanges are enabled UTV will be moving into those as well

2) They use eircoms databases to test the lines

Well so close yet so far yet again

Enjoy all

Regards

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

Its only self install also? How hard is this to do. I'm absolute crap with that type of stuff.

Originally posted by Scottish
    Its only self install also? How hard is this to do. I'm absolute crap with that type of stuff.
    It is not much harder than dial-up if you follow the instructions provided everything has been pre-configured by the ISP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

if they are operating out of the 40 Esat enabled exchanges then it must ADSL and not RADSL????

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

I know how to do that type of stuff, but is there not a something that needs to be installed into the box in my house? When I had it put into the office, the esat guy came and did something with phone point in the offce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

I've signed up with it anyway :)

• Advertisement

No, filters will be supplied that you plug into the phone point. These do the job of the splitter in 'engineer' installed DSL in protecting the DSL signal from voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

UTV Internet shall incur no liability for any claim that your warranty has been invalidated (if applicable) as a result of work carried out by you, UTV Internet or its agents (including Eircom and Esat) in order to make your PC operate with the Service.

they will be using both eircom and esat to re-sell their services, but I suspect the RADSL service will be from eircom. their business products which eventually mite come out will probably be from Esat.

Paul

Originally posted by talla
    if they are operating out of the 40 Esat enabled exchanges then it must ADSL and not RADSL????
    It might be ADSL or it might just be a case of slotting in RADSL line cards into the DSLAM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You wouldn't believe how many PM's I got over my cryptic comments about this earlier on in the week. ;)

adam

if they are operating out of the 40 Esat enabled exchanges then it must ADSL and not RADSL
    Again, an issue with us redoing our T's&C's - this really should have specified both Esat and Eircom as other Telecoms agent/operators.
    How hard is this to do. I'm absolute crap with that type of stuff.
    We've been doing it for a while in NI and have had no issues to date on our self install product.
    It might be ADSL or it might just be a case of slotting in RADSL
    The residential service just launched is currently RADSL, sorry for the confusion.

youd want to get onto your sales staff then martin, cause not more than an hour ago they said to me it was 512/256 and that youd be operating out of esats exchanges only

regards

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Shame to see UTV are going to charge 1.5c / mb for going over the cap. Going over the cap by another 5gb will cost €75, bringing the total cost of that month to €122.50 for 10gb downloaded.

I'm sticking with Netsource, thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Martin what are the chances in upping that limit to 10GB a month??

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    only €16 per extra gb. Least its getting lower i guess.
    Why are UTV charging €16 per gb when Scott said in a previous thread
    Without giving away our total bandwidth costs, including full redundancy, a 34Mb circuit is around €200k p.a. A user utilising 5GB of this monthly (a mere 1.92KB/s) represents around €7.56 per month in costs.
    ?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Because they have to pay the person who has to chase the bill.
    And have systems in place to monitor and generate those bills.

DeV.

Advertisement