Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Clicksilver, it's officially here

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I'm with you Pete, didn't pass the test........

So is that the end of the line ????
    what other options do I have now ?

I live on the Northside, less options anyway, I guess I'll have to wait and see if Irish Broadband come up with anything.........
    and I was really looking forward to getting hooked up, at least the FRIACO product gets launched next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by NIBBS
    I'm with you Pete, didn't pass the test........

So is that the end of the line ????
    what other options do I have now ?

1. Move house
    2. Satellite
    3. Wireless
    4. FRIACO
    5. ISDN (spit)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Why did your lines fail the test?
    Is it distance from exchange or poor copper? I mean, has anyone living near an exchange failed the line test?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by Sir Random
    Why did your lines fail the test?
    Is it distance from exchange or poor copper? I mean, has anyone living near an exchange failed the line test?

heheh you don't honestly expect eircom to divulge such commercially sensitive information, do you?

heh

distance, probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭CitySickness

Has anyone been on to UTV to find out when we can realistically expect to recieve the modems, or when they'll enable the connection?
    I signed up first day it was available, and I've passed all the orc-challenges to date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by CitySickness
    I signed up first day it was available, and I've passed all the orc-challenges to date.
    Another set of challenges will be set before you. Then another, until you realise that this "broadband" does not exist and neither do these lands (like "Britain") where it is said to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

UTV may be using a different modem in the south.

from utv.support:

However, it's beginning to look like we'll be running with the same modem that Eircom, Esat and Netsource all use (this way, we can be sure it's compatible with the Eircom exchange equipment). I'll probably know come Monday for sure.

Carl.

I also got an email today saying that as an existing customer, I'll be credited €30 for not taking their modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    and neither do these lands (like "Britain") where it is said to exist.

That's not true, I've been to Britain loads of times. But now that you've mentioned it, I haven't been there in a while..... hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭homerzero

Failed the test also live about a mile from the exchange only

Advertisement