Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda WW question

Options
  • 13-06-2003 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

How do you activate those upside down cone shaped switches?? they are driving me ****ing nuts......they look like kinda metal things you can lock on to them but i cant figure out to activate them..........maybe its cuz im a dumbass.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If its the switch I'm thinking of (first encountered in the Wind Temple?), then
    try wearing some heavy shoes....

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

where do i get
    heavy shoes
    ? Its big like you cant get up on it, i know the one your talkin off but this one sticks up higher out of the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

First get the Ballad of Gales - you need to find a cyclone and shoot at the bloke on the cloud in the middle with your bow. Then use it to warp to Mother & Child Isles after saving your sister from the Forsaken Fortress. The fairy inside will give you fire and ice arrows. Go to Ice Ring Isle (I think that's what it's called - it's the ice island) and shoot the big head thing in the middle of it with a fire arrow. Make your way inside and open the chest for - yay! - iron boots.
    Or else, if what you're talking about are the hammer-switch things, just hit the switch with the hammer you get during your second visit to the Forsaken Fortress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

bleedin game
    where is makar?? i'm trying to find him again and i know he's meant to be in the waterfall at forest island, but theres no sign of him. the deku tree just tells me he'll be around soon.
    been stuck on this for a week!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Did you try jumping inside the waterfall from the ledge above. It's the waterfall at the start with the musical notes coming out of it. I got the cute bird/girl thing to help me with her dungeon first. Maybe you need to do her dungeon before makars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

aye, i jumped in and no-one was there. i tried to help the girl too, but she just kept asking me to teach her more songs. 8(. did you have to do the labyrnth first?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I did her dungeon first. Play the song that you learn from the front of her dungeon to her and you will get a beautiful cutscene and a little bit further in the game.

Go to either temple (Earth or Wind) and learn the tune there first. Then go to either sage (Makar for Wind, the girl for Earth) and play the song to them with the wind waker. They'll come with you to their respective temples.

- Dave.

sorry but that might notexplain things too clearly. You get the song from the front of her dungeon and then you play that song to her and then bring her to the dungeon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Upside down cone on the ground or in the air?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by goo
    Upside down cone on the ground or in the air?

If thats referring to what i asked then its cool, i know how to do it now
    i just had to go get the hammer from forsaken forest............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

anybody know a good place to get money repeatadly?

that tingle is a rip off!

sunken treasure chests.............
    giving the pigs bait...........giving you wan in the school in out set island joypendants

Tingles maps and the Triforce search. A blatant attempt by nintendo to double Zeldas game lenght. Still the sub quest were all fun. I sailed to every island and did everything in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

The labyrinth was fabulous for cash, every tenth level was fairly hefty on rupees...I think. Everywhere with those pillars should be good. And, of course, going through Orca's challenges. They take ages but if you need 3 or 4 hundred rupees it's well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

What are orcas challenges? Is it just the "hit me so many times" thing?

"Tingles maps and the Triforce search. A blatant attempt by nintendo to double Zeldas game lenght" Took the words right out of my mouth.

Do you reckon another zelda title will be released before they replace the cube with its successor?

Yeah, they're releasing a new game based on the WW engine. Hopefully it will have twice the number of dungeons, hopefully it will be 3 times as hard as WW, and hopefully it won't have as much bloody sailing in it.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

hear hear!

Thats good news, thanks

I remember hwen you first start sailing about, I spent hours just moving the camera around the ship and marvelling at how pretty it all looked. Then however many hours later....

and yeah, hopefully the next one will be much harder and longer (hee hee. sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I think this may lengthen it a wee bit
    Visit the Nintendo Gallery
    Once you have the Deluxe Picto Box, go to Forest Haven and head for the small island with the metal hatch on top (you can glide to it from one of the ledges on the main island).

To open the hatch, use a Hyoi Pear to summon a seagull, then fly into a crystal high atop Forest Haven. Once inside the Nintendo Gallery, you will meet Carlov, the owner.

If you take a colour photo of a character with the Deluxe Picto Box, and show it to Carlov, he will sculpt a figurine of that character for you. (It takes him a day to do so, but you can simply use the Song of Passing to speed up time.)

There are 118 figurines to collect, comprising of people, enemies, animals and end-of-level bosses. If you acquire the Deluxe Picto Box late in the game, you may have missed your chance to take a character's picture. But if you complete the game with the Deluxe Picto Box in your possession, you will still have it when you restart from the beginning, so you can concentrate on taking everybody's photo!

Superb Game.

kdjac

Of all the Zelda games, this is the one I am least likely to play through again. The novelty of sailing wears off REAL fast.

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

its not that bad when u have the ballad of the gales tmb.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

what bothers me the most is that i didnt have the rupees to buy the bait bag, then promptly forgot where to buy it and now i have an almost totally empty sea chart :(

Advertisement