Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

random gamecube questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I loved Metroid Prime... that said I haven't gotten round to playing it half enough. But it really isn't a FPS, it's a 2d platform shooter done through first person view. It works and handles completely different to any other FPS.

But I mostly love the atmosphere in the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

all this GC talk makes me wish i didnt sell mine.

[damn kdja]

Metroid Prime is a joy of a game. i dont know what it is about it but after you play it all you can say is, quality. if you tried to explain the game to someone who hasnt played it it would sound plain and boring, but who cares, you dont really want them to play it anyway, lest they try to borrow your copy.

Zelda was great if not astoundly easy, and of course the graphics :)

Timesplitters is a good game, but if like me [and possibly every other N64 owner] you played Goldeneye to death you will get bored pretty quickly.

StarFox is poo.

Eternal Darkness is good, not great. but you certainly will feel compelled to finish it and there are some great gaming moments in there. not in the least bit scary though.

Suppose the reason i sold my GC is because of the lack of good games. im not putting down Nintendo, ive been a loyal fan since the first GameBoy. there is a lack of good console games on any format imo. the only reason i bought the GC was out of boredom [and out of zelda]. ive finished all the games mentioned above and theres no games out/coming out that id hand over e60 for.

Console gaming is gone to sh|t imo. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mario Golf is on its way to me house with the free loader thingy.
    And soon as an English version of Viewtiful joe is out that will also be coming to me.
    Me is a happy bunny.

Sadly you sold yours at the wrong time ,i waited over a year to buy one so when i got it i had
    Zelda
    Metroid
    Mario
    Star Wars
    Wave race
    Burnout 2
    Smash bros
    Mario golf

All to play.
    No you cant buy it back :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

Originally posted by Kold

Is Metroid really all that? usually im disppointed at shoot em ups

its waaay more than just a shoot em up. its hard to explain just how good this game is. Apart from being visually stunning, it also engages you in the storyline with the scanner system making it more of an adventure than a shoot em up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

You’ve just reminded me that I’ve a Gamecube lurking around my bedroom somewhere.

Metroid is probably the only must buy for the Gamecube.

Mario sunshine and Luigi’s Mansion?( I cant remember the exact names) are really overrated. I absolutely hated them no matter how many chances I gave them, and I’m an ardent Mario fan.

Star fox adventures? (again with the names, its months since I played my Gamecube) is a pretty mediocre game. I reckon anyone over 10 would have a hard time enjoying it.

btw I saw Fifa 2003 and matrix going cheap, I think €30 for the pair. Are either actually any good? As I’ve lost faith in the Gamecube and cant bring myself to spending another cent on it unless the game is a worthy purchase.

• Advertisement

In game in Liffey Valley they have 213 (shop dude told me) 2nd hand gamecubne games with only Metroid and Zelda over €40.

Lots of games worth buying see list in my post above.

Wouldnt buy Matrix tho thats a waste of cash and ISS 3 is in the 2nd hand bin also.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Just booted up WW for the first time today and I'm finding it a little boring, the first dungeon was horrible anyway. /me hopes it gets a little better.

Boo hoo stealth pirates ,wave troopers Elite pirate ,Big Daddy pirate this game just got damn hard :(

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I guess you're in the Phazon mines. Damn hard indeed. It's a long slog to the next save point and your energy is constantly being eaten away by those space pirate bastids.

Yup 7 energy bars to zero in 3 rooms of pirate filled madness.

Have them sussed now ,have 70 missiles not going back in their until i have well over a hundred.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well theres more than 3 pirate filled rooms. Just be prepared. Took me a few goes to limp through it with a about 1 energy bar left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Rockets dont do much against the pirates imo, i try to use my different beams against them as sometimes the rockets just bounce off them and some of the pirates can only be killed by certain beams........then again i just died right before the second save point last night................

Advertisement