Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exercise bikes - will this (cheap) one do?

• 13-06-2003 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hey everyone,

I'm looking into buying some equipment, but I'm on a fairly limited budget. Probably the most overlooked area in any of my past workout regimens has been cardio, so I'm looking to place a greater focus on this in the future. I'm not a member of a gym, and I do rather like the idea of being able to get whatever workout I need in the convenience of my own home, so I've been considering what my options are for cardio exercise at home. Presuming that pretty much all cardio work is equal in terms of burning off calories (is that a correct presumption?), I've set my sights on an exercise bike. Looking at argos.co.uk, there are some surprisingly cheap options, but I'm wondering if some would be worth buying. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something that will get my heart rate up sufficiently. The last four bikes at the following link are probably my viable choices:

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ArgosBrowseIterator?storeId=10001&Trail=C%24catgroup_id_parent%3D3751%3EC%24catgroup_id_parent%3D3795%3EC%24catgroup_id_parent%3D3797&categoryId=3797&C$catgroup_id_parent=3797&catalogId=651&langId=-1&currPage=2

The last is very very cheap indeed, but would you I get away with using it regularly without it falling apart etc?

Anyone have any recommendations about other cardio machines? I've see some "non-motorised" treadmills - are they to be recommended?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The best cardio machine in my opinion would be the rowing machine. It will do good cardio work and also build upper body and lower body strength well. They can also be compact. I recommend a Concept II rowing machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 blueforest

Thanks for the recommendation! I looked up the Concept II, but it is rather pricey..though I may pick up a cheaper one. I'd be slightly worried, however, that initially my lack of arm/leg muscle strength might hold me back in terms of how much cardio I can do...with a bike I could turn the resistance way down and just focus on cardio. I'll give it a think though..thanks! :)

Advertisement