Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQCL Proxies

Options
  • 24-11-1998 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

i wanted to start a new one cos it would only get lost at the bottom of the list. I agree with ste about lag spikes lpbs upping their lag wont get the real ills of hpb lag, its just ct or nd lookin for a way to play all their lpbs.
    Pred

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

"ct and nd looking to play all their lpb's"

not fu*king likely, seeing as CT are actually short of lpb's now that there are no CT actually in trinity anymore..
    anyway can you remember last IQCL , when CT never had a full team cos of lack of computers in college..

and ive tried it, proxy lag with HEAnet on non-heanet/janet servers is about the same as modem, provided you use the option to simulate a modem connect.
    adding about 75-85 ms of lag is enough normally on quake.ie servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Kaile

Yeah, what he said.

This is all t oss. Its a feature of quake
    that some lucky quakers get college t1s
    and free afternoons to whittle away
    gibbing, and then other poor muppets
    have to make do with 33.6 modems and
    their grandma's barf iol connect.
    Live with it.
    It's always been this way and it always
    will. My opinion (for all that it matters)
    is that the league should be for quake players regardless of connect.

And no, I dont have access to a t1, I dont
    have ISDN, a 56K, or a modem. I don't even
    own a computer. Stop fuc king whinging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jerry Springer

Now now folks, this can all be settled less passively with the magic of television in front of 60 million white trash tornado fodder Americans.

We can all learn from remembering to consider the action of our consequences and love from time to time...God bless you

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Cloud, explain to me again why we have logins and passwords?

Dev.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

So you can book your name -

Remember on the old board last year when "I" announced I was closing the board down?

You don't?

Okay here it is:

http://weber.nuigalway.ie/cloud/portfolio/quake/messages/1250.html

Okay the IPs and times are another idea but it's even hard to track down an ISP IP, as if you'd get some cooperation over a phony post.

John.
    --

• Advertisement
Advertisement