Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the whole LC Experience been as horrible as expected??

• 14-06-2003 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Well it's almost over.

The media has almost completely ceased it's coverage of the exams.

All most of us can think about right now is experiencing freedom - finally! It took 13 years to get here!

But has the whole leaving-cert experience (i.e. over the last 2 weeks) been as bad or as horrible as expected?

Personally, last January (2003), the LC was all I could think about. The thoughts of this "horrible" and "daunting" experience took over my mind, and my life. It wasn't until the summer started getting nearer that I realised that it wasn't going to be so bad after all, whether I got 150 points or 450 points.

Has is been as bad an experience as you expected it to be?

*yes, i do ask a lot of questions*

Has the Leaving Cert experience been as bad as you expected? 7 votes

Yeh! It's been horrible!
    0% 0 votes
    No way. I don't know what the fuss was all about!
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

What are you going to do with the rest of your life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Nah it wasnt the worst. Teachers parents and the media tend to hype it up a lot. i paniced in september but towards the end of the yr i was grand. if i had to repeat it wouldnt be such a bad thing imao.apart from the waste of yr of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The actual leaving cert itself hasn't been that bad, but i've still got 3 exams to go :)

The run up to it was horible, boring, tedious, I just wanted it over.
    Now it is in 6 ****ing days!
    6!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

hasn't been half as bad as i thought, total anti-climax....
    dammit gettin worried i did crap now though.....
    noooooooo......
    When are the results out again???

Wednesday the 13th of August
    Then we have to wait 4 days until the monday until we find out if we get into our courses!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

well, i'm off to europe on the 14th cause i dont really care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

The results are out in December?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Ok, seeing that the 13th doesnt fall on a wednesday in any of the months, December, November, October or September, I'm going to assume you meant August, but somehow typed it badly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Its in August.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Heh, actually my parents created an anit-hype bubble for me :) , they made sure I didn't get frustrated, told me I should try my best but don't worry if I don't do brilliantly.
    Which I was very grateful for, as it made sure I didn't freak out or throw up like I hear some people do :eek: .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

The week and night before the LC were terrible, but its been too relaxing now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

It's weird.... I thought about it every day for 6 months.... I'm way to relaxed at the moment though... :p I think subconsciously I'm stressed as hell... might explain nightmares, insomnia and lack of appetite..... ah well.... fun indeed... sad2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Yeah, I have to agree there. The run up to the exams was actually much worse than the reality of them. This time last year I though I'd be a wreck doing them, but I'm actually really relaxed the whole time I've been doing them.

What I hated the most about hte leaving cert was the constant feeling that you should be studying.

I could be in the park, just relaxing, taking a break, but always at the back of my mind was the knowledge that I could be studying right now but im being lazy :/

Thank god its over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

It's hyped far too much and my parents are still hounding me to study non stop, despite Physics and Economics being in the bag and only Applied Maths to really be bothered about, if at all. Can't wait for work to start in the summer, just wanna get out of school and buy myself a nice expensive Gibson SG as a reward :)

Btw PHB, its over? Can I've a lend of your time machine, I wanna give myself the 2003 applied maths paper :P

I'd say "0wn3d" again, but it might cancel out my other one.

At least you haven't been called a richindub2 spammer yet :P

You richindub you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

Personally I believe the whole Leaving Certificate thing is hyped well beyond any acceptable proportion by teachers and the media.

For me the Leaving Cert. was a walk in the park compared to the last two sets of College exams that I have done, in terms of both stress and difficulty (first year of College was easy though:)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

I've spent the last year stressing to no end about this leaving cert and now it's here and all i seem to be doing is spending my time thinking about everything else but this stupid L.C. Strangely it doesn't seem to be bothering me much at all which honestly should be a cause for concern but what with my apathetic attitude i just cant be a*sed to care. It's really flying by and i don't seem to be noticing the whole thing very much. but i must say that every so often i do get a bit worried about the repercussions of not doing anything but as soon as i vent off to friends its back to the good old apathy for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

well i never gave a **** and still dont give a ****..
    one more test then off for the rest of my life

:)
    cartman

• Advertisement

Well the only reason I'm bothered about it is that my computer and guitar are sort of hard to access with the parents disallowing anything entertaining in this lc period.

Also getting a college course :)

Not half as much. If I'll get it, I'll get it, if I won't then I'll go to the same course in UCD. Besides my points requirements are relatively low so I'll most likely get it anyway. ~200-240 from my first three subjects, and about that for the next three as well.

Mmm, I can't study physics properly, I'm going over it but if I pass tomorrow it'll be by the skin of my teeth.

If i passed Irish (quite likely) I may not need it anyway, some diploma course would let me in :P .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

is that physics thread scaring anyone else....CALM lads....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

it was a big anti-climax. Not much of a big deal at all. cant wait till 12:30 tomorrow....i'm freeeeeeeeeee

Advertisement