Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATTN IQCL PARTICIPANTS...

Options
  • 24-11-1998 1:09am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is in relation to the questions posted by MindPhuck...

I'm actually thinking about moving the startdate back for a couple of reasons...
    That (short notice about rules) and the fact that we will have a new schedule (posted tomorrow if my machine doesn't die).

I've also spotted something in an email to all clan leaders...

*SNIP*
    Meet in #iqcl of irc.iol.ie 10 minutes before all games.
    *END SNIP*

That wee piece goes on to explain exactly the stuff I put into the rules this evening...

That email also says that we'll be playing DM3 as our first map and the rules state that the committee will decide the maps on a weekly basis.

Did you get the mail?
    If not, then let me know, I'll send it on to you...

I knew I'd written that stuff down somewhewre before! But, that doesn't excuse the fact that it wasn't up on the rules section. Again, my appologies.

AS for start times - maybe somewhere around 2pm-ish like last year?

Lemmie know what y'all think!

Dav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I think it's a little late to postpone the start date, people have actually started to put things off this weekend, and may not have had much practice but still want to play.

Times like 2, 2.45, 3.30, 4.15 should be ok?

John.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Firestarter

god i hate asking stupid questions when i know they are stupid,but im new to this so its the only way i will find out.

what exactly is this iqcl stuff?
    (thought to self *how lame did that sound*)
    well i gathered its a tournament but who is allowed on the servers? is it a select few and people monitoring it or what?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Firestarter...
    IQCL - Irish Quake Clan League.
    Clans were invited to enter and 14 did.
    There are 6 admins.
    All information can be found at http://iqcl.quake.ie/

Cloud...et all
    About postponing...There will be a whole new schedule now folks...so If you weren't playing in the first week in the last incarnation of it, you might be this time...
    The schedule will be up later on - I have to convert it to HTML from whatever the hell format it's in now :)

Dav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

Kharn, I don't think it would be great to put the IQCL on hold...it's like the plane taking off :) Everyone has their breath held, and very ready for it, I think it would spoil some of the appeal and dampen the excitement if you were to stop it now...it would for me anyway, definitely

H-K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Fozzie

Yeah, personally I think it should go ahead , no point in posponing it now really when every1 has a comp ready.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Fozzie

Sorry, but one other question. Is there any chance that we could play our game at 12ish cos we need to get some good comps in the computer labs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Black Pawn

WTF ?

/me takes a Deeeeeep breath,,

People arrange things kharn and I dont think u should suddenly change the start date or the schedule - Like WTF are u at ?>

Some have taken time off work etc - Put back the other schedule and lets rock this weekend. ffs its nearly christmas.

Suds - aka Shocked.......

Advertisement