Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A cheap, cheerful digital camera.

• 14-06-2003 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭

Can anybody reccomend a camera that will take pictures to the standard of those throwaway cameras?
    I dont want to spend a whole lot, but don't want a piece of sh1t either!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kc10

lidl have 3 mega pixel camera for e130 this thursday(aiptek pocket cam 3 megspixel) . think they were for sale before , dont know how good they are , if someone has a good opinion of it ?might get one myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

is that this camera? i haven't seen lidl's advertisements...

<edit>hmm... also comes in english. nice.</edit>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kc10

ye the link wollymammoth seems to be it, but comes with 32 mb compact flash card instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

If ur thinking around the €110 mark id recomend this one , good make HP , 2.1 MP , LCD screen , 4x zoom ...............see Here . Its on special at the min until monday.

• Advertisement

Only problem with that one is you syill need to buy a docking station and more memory.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Originally posted by kc10
    lidl have 3 mega pixel camera for e130 this thursday(aiptek pocket cam 3 megspixel) . think they were for sale before , dont know how good they are , if someone has a good opinion of it ?might get one myself.

I bought one of these from Aldi/Lidl a few weeks back when they were selling them - at least it would seem to be the same camera. IF its the same camera the only fault I find is the lack of an optical zoom - battery life/etc is fine for my uses (it's not cut out on me once yet).

Originally posted by Mixie
    I bought one of these from Aldi/Lidl a few weeks back when they were selling them - at least it would seem to be the same camera. IF its the same camera the only fault I find is the lack of an optical zoom - battery life/etc is fine for my uses (it's not cut out on me once yet).

Does it come with everything you need, like charger etc.?
    Is there anything you feel they left out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

there. all the info you should need. :ninja:

Originally posted by patch69
    Does it come with everything you need, like charger etc.?
    Is there anything you feel they left out?

The lower left corner of the picture in the post above mine shows everything you get, less of course the software.

Supplied with the camera are 4 rechargeable NiMH batteries, and a mains battery recharger. When you connect the camera to a PC (USB) you can remove the batteries completely and the PC will power the camera.

The mini-tripod you get turns the camera into a web-cam, it might have some other use, but it's a little on the small side...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

How well does this Lidl camera function as a webcam?

Is there any way of keeping tabs with the weekly lidl/aldi offers online??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Ive got a lepsion digital dreams 3 megapixel camera, 169 euro, has voice video and picture capability, can put pictures on to the tv as a slideshow, has LCD screen, has brightness contrast and redeye functions oh and is a webcam :)

Great all rounder

Regards

Shin

Originally posted by Eurorunner
    How well does this Lidl camera function as a webcam?

Is there any way of keeping tabs with the weekly lidl/aldi offers online??

I've not tried it as a webcam, but pictures/films it records are of good enough quality to match any webcam I've previously owned - but if you're just buying it as a webcam save yourself some cash and by a normal webcam ;)

Aldi have weekly emails about their offers, but I'm not too sure about Lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks Mixie...if the offers from Lidls irish stores are the same as in the German Stores, then one can get the weekly emails by registering here ...but its in german!

The German offers differ from the Irish ones usually - at least when I've compared weeks they've differed, same for Aldi. Aldi has a seperate newsletter for their Irish stores though apparently (you can sign up from the Irish section of their website).

Thanks for all the help guys, I reckon I'll try and pick up one of those lidl cameras......not too pretty, but a pretty good deal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

http://www.afterhours.co.uk/Shop/smaip3m.htm

The LIDL offer includes a 32MB card and seems like good value.

I'm also thinking of getting one. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Argos have a good little polariod one 2.1 million pixells, 130 euro's or 189 with a FUJI 64 MB card and a leathercase,and a camera pouch,, and you can use it as a webcam, connects via usb so no docking station is needed. good little camera :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

THIS IS THE MODEL OF IT
    Polaroid PDC 2070 Digital Camera.:D

Is there anybody here from galway who has the best times or strategy for getting these special offers before their gone?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Mac daddy
    Argos have a good little polariod one 2.1 million pixells, 130 euro's or 189 with a FUJI 64 MB card and a leathercase,and a camera pouch,, and you can use it as a webcam, connects via usb so no docking station is needed. good little camera :ninja:

Bought the Polaroid camera too, and while it is a nice camera I tend to use the Lidl one more.

Advertisement