Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enter the matrix or the kung fu 3.0 mod for max payne?

Options
  • 14-06-2003 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

I'm a huge fan of the matrix...but was i the only one disappointed by enter the matrix??It seemed quite hurried....
    So yesterday as you do... I was looking at max payne things and i downloaded this mod,the kung fu 3.0 mod.
    And its great!!!!...it mixes max payne and kung fu making it some kind of "max fu" thing which is alot better than enter the matrix...One great thing is your ability the you melée weapons and to run on walls and as you continue throughout the game your kung fu skills progress....
    Anyone played it??
    And if you haven't you should.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Both are terrible games but if I had to choose I'd go for the max payne kung fu mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I max payne was a deadly game! It was just a bit shirt, and maybe could have been made slightly harder but it was still a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

Max Payne was much better, had a brilliant story, was a bit plain looking in effects , but god, it was fun! :D i used to stay up all night playing it, but i still think neo , trinity morpheus etc should have been in enter the matrix ;/ prefered max payne imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Kung fu mod for max payne, wihout a doubt.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Neo couldn't have been in "Enter The Matrix" except maybe just a speaking part because he's too powerful.
    Unless you want to recreate scenes in the film which I think they pretty much avoided (except for rescuing Morpheus etc.) because they didn't want the course of the films to be messed with. Like, if all the Smiths had beaten Neo or if
    Morpheus had failed to save the key maker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

I quite liked enter the matrix though it wasn't the best.
    the parts where it comes to be slightly involved with the movie plot were...well pretty pointless:( They were just sort of an excuse to try and involve it with the movie
    2 main examples:
    when u see the key maker u have to rescue him going thru a whole level and when u find him He just says "I'm sorry our paths were not ment to cross yet" and no secret from the movie is revealed...just seems like an excuse to have the keymaker in it
    when ur character goes thru the wierd corridor at the end..agent smith pops out thinking its neo. he then decides to kill ur character resulting in a whole level again just an excuse to involve agent smith and no secret is revealed
    the idea that the game reveals secrets in the movie was a bit too hyped up. on great thing though is the gr8 revolutions trailer at the end:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

the enter the matrix bullet times looked better, i've got an older version of kung-fu for max payne and it was great, i prefer the matrix game. in multiplayer mode you can play as amith, trinity, morpheus, and as transformer type cars- pity you cant use your focus i mplayer mode. I agree that parts weren't given enough time to be polished, some cut scenes looked worse than the in game, like when you meet
    the twins

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

So I take it no-one has tried the "Matrixed Reality" mod for Max Payne?

Great fun indeed if you're a Matrix Head...
    Being Neo, and having all his moves from the film etc etc...

And yes, Max Payne was a brilliant game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bulet time, shoot the same bad guys. Bulet time, shoot the same bad guys. Look at horible cheesy story comic book, repeat ad nauseum. Not my idea of fun. Variety is the spice of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

weemcd, how did you play multiplayer. I did all the hacking and entered the code (I got from the net) but nothing. I found no Hacking.
    I have the PC version of the game btw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement