Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia Probloms

• 14-06-2003 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

I bought 64MB DDR Nvidia GeForce 4 Verto yesterday. I was gonna get a Geforce Fx 5900 126MG DDR but I lost 50 Euro's somewhere :mad: .

My question is. Just today I experianced problems with (What I guess is) the graphics card. When I play any game for a few minutes it totally freezes and Ctrl + Alt + Del doesn't respond or nothing.

I saw a post about the same thing a moment ago and somone said there was a bug between Nvidia Cards and Via chipsets. I have a Via chipset. So does anyone have any idias?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

the latest all in 1 via drivers from www.viarena.com version 7 i believe thall sort you out

regards

shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Drunk pirate
    I bought 64MB DDR Nvidia GeForce 4 Verto yesterday. I was gonna get a Geforce Fx 5900 126MG DDR but I lost 50 Euro's somewhere :mad: .

You have posted this twice on the boards now... I assume you forgot the extra 0 in €500 both times?

Direct link to latest Via drivers: http://downloads.viaarena.com/drivers/4in1/VIAHyperion4in1447v.exe

Make sure your AGP controller is VIA and you dont just have a VIA IDE controller (like on AMD 760 based boards).

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I have a similar problem with this PC, a 1.3ghz Tbird + GeForce 3, but I ONLY have the problem under Windows XP. Win 2k / 98 / linux have no problems. Updating VIA drivers affected the problem, but didn't fix it (it made screen go funny before crashes etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

I got the drivers it's fine now thanks....

Advertisement