Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic bid for Keane and drop Lennon!

• 14-06-2003 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I just heard on the 1.00 news on FM104 that Celtic have put a bid in for Roy Keane and have put Lennon (where he belongs) on the transfer list. I don't know if there's any truth in this but we'll find out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Im burning my celtic jersey if this is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I actually feel there is less truth in this than I thought. The reason why? It was reported in the English Daily Star!!!

BBC Gossip Column
    Celtic are planning to move for Manchester United skipper Roy Keane after allowing Neil Lennon to quit the club. The Northern Ireland midfielder is a target for Wolves and Manchester City. (Daily Star)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It might still be true, Keano was linked with a move the Celtic by the press a few years ago when he was heading to the end of his previous deal at Old Trafford.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

Originally posted by Tellox
    Im burning my celtic jersey if this is true.

why?
    good move for celtic if u ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

It would be a graet move for Celtic ... IF it was true. Which i very much doubt. I can't see keane moving anywhere. When he does retire he'll probably become a coach at Utd.

BTW ... Personnaly, I hope he never joins Celtic. Hes a Cu*t!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

How much would he go for? ,has 2 years left on contract.

Not that alex would part with him for love nor money.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Lennon had a poor mid-season, but really came good at the end. He had a few fantastic games before the season finished...

With respect to keane, I think he did say that he wanted to finish his career at celtic park, but there's no way ferg. will sell him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Sure,keane's a class player,but at the end of the day,he's a wanker,and I just dont want to see him playing for a team I support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Dermot Desmond (Irish bloke with most Celtic Shares) has already said that MoN will only have money to spend if he sells players. Celtic are focusing on cutting debt and not spending rashly (so we will have 15 million of debt and rangers will have 60 million of debt after giving their top players new contracts and signing a player or two). If Rangers dont get into group stage of CL they are in big big trouble, leeds styleeee :)

At best Celtic will have 3 or 4 million to spend. So no ones going to offer 10 million for Neil Lennon, I really dont think Man U would offer keano at a cut price deal. Its clear Beckham and Veron have no Man U futures, so they need Keano for another season or two at the very least.

On a side note, Celtic could not afford his wages. He gets more then Ghod right now, even if he took a cut he would want a big chunk of change to play for us. We need to reserve that money for a replacement for Ghod next season anyway!

This story is total waffle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Originally posted by Tellox
    Sure,keane's a class player,but at the end of the day,he's a wanker,and I just dont want to see him playing for a team I support

Why is he a Wanker? One of the greatest players Ireland has ever produced and to go with that a true leader.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by tomED
    Why is he a Wanker? One of the greatest players Ireland has ever produced and to go with that a true leader.

:rolleyes:

Cause he walked out on us when we needed him most!

Originally posted by ciano
    Cause he walked out on us when we needed him most!

:rolleyes: Would ye stop ffs...... He didn't walk out on us....

That argument is well and truly over and theres no point in bringing it up again.

Keane is a class player and leader (and he showed that he wont work in bull**** situations with amateurs). Even if I hated the mans guts it would a stupid thing to say that I don't want to see him at the team I support. If you really support your team, this is a dream signing. Although he is starting to feel the effects of all his years putting in immense effort, he is still a world class player. He would walk rings around everyone in the SPL.

Get a life and stop dwelling on a situation that you never really understood........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

yea could we stop the pointless "he is..." and "no he is not.." debate please

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    yea could we stop the pointless "he is..." and "no he is not.." debate please

here here

Originally posted by tomED
    :rolleyes: Would ye stop ffs...... He didn't walk out on us....

That argument is well and truly over and theres no point in bringing it up again.

Keane is a class player and leader (and he showed that he wont work in bull**** situations with amateurs). Even if I hated the mans guts it would a stupid thing to say that I don't want to see him at the team I support. If you really support your team, this is a dream signing. Although he is starting to feel the effects of all his years putting in immense effort, he is still a world class player. He would walk rings around everyone in the SPL.

Get a life and stop dwelling on a situation that you never really understood........

lol ... i didnt bring it up. You asked the question "Why is he a Wanker?". If you ask a question, you normally expect a response (I realise you werent asking me).

Believe me, when I say that I dont want to discuss the whole thing again.

lol .. also I have a life :ninja:. And I think I understood the situation as well as the next person.

ok - whatever....

back to the point.... keane would be an excellent signing for celtic, but I dont think he'll go.... yet.....

Well, I do agree with you on that point. :p

I dont think the prospect of Scottish football will excite him too much. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

this argument is fairly pointless indeed
    if keane was to go to celtic and if he was to play the game of his life in the first old firm game of the season
    all these begrudgers would change their opinions fairly swiftly i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Good business for Celtic if true. Lennon is over-rated.

Advertisement