Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bah IQCL :(

Options
  • 25-11-1998 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I think we should just play the whole thing on LAN over a weekend or two. Playing online is no fun at the moment with the state of the Irish net. Tinet seems to be a particularly bad shambles. Takes me an hour to get a 1 meg download on an alleged 44k connect. Now that's poo.

We'll wait and see what the servers are going to be like but playing with constant 20% pl will be a waste of time and money.

Anyone got a big shed?

Von

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Fozzie

Well what you could do is take over the labs in Trinity some weekend after beating the **** out of the security guards.
    Thats only my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Good idea Von. I've no prob's bring my PC along to a venue and I have a 16 port hub I could bring as well.

Yeah the Irish Net is in bad shape and I reakon its going to get worse. Indigo and Tinet are now in the same offices in East Point and are still in the process of moving afaik. Also bear in mind that Indigo are doing a big push on getting new customers so expect their service to get worse over the next month.

I think a Lan Event is a much better idea, maybe they could do this at this proposed Jan Lan.

Gandalf.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, I was planning to have (at least) the Cup finals at a LAN event such as JAN LAN or maybe Leprecon...nothing's sure about the cup at the mo, we want the feicin league started first!

Looking at the number of games we'll be having, the whole league mightn't take too long at all!
    As is, we'll be playing on Saturdays (only). If we played on Sundays aswell, we could nearly ahve the whole thing over by Christmas (at a guess - I'm too lazy to do the sums).
    Wouldn't that be fun.....

Dav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

why not just start the iqcl league (not the cup yet cos the net is f*ckered anyway, anytime theres more than about 3 on a server) , and run quakelords meanwhile instead? im sure there'd be more interest in that than some really lagged clan games, and it would take longer too.. lots more game to be played. and it was put off for the IQCL which finished about 2 months ago.
    hopefully the new version of cheapo will be out too, and may have lag features or something for the clan games later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Eh, I don't think so :-(

I tried anyway.

John.
    --
    John Breslin wrote:
    >
    > Hi there -
    >
    > I wonder will the .lag command feature in a future version of Cheapo?
    > We are part of the Irish Quake Clans League (iqcl.quake.ie) and have to
    > use Qizmo instead as I can't find .lag in Cheapo (want LPBs to be
    > simulated HPBs).

Maybe. But it's just not high on the priority list and
    it's a pretty big task. Around here we just play against
    clans with similar pings :)

--
    Sami Tammilehto
    Cheapo Team

• Advertisement
Advertisement