Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second year Computing cert

Options
  • 14-06-2003 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

I'm heading into second year in a computing cert and I was just wondering what to expect in Maths?
    (first year was a lot of statistics, matrices, binomial distribution etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I'm going into second year as well. Wasnt aware of any maths on the second year. We only had maths 1 semester (First) and never again!

Check your college website should have whats on the course for next semester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Just finished 2nd year in DCU. We did probability in the first semester and linear algebra & vectors in the second semester. Next year we have numerical analysis and differential equations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I'm in DIT first year comp science.. (Well second now)
    In first year we did number systems, set theory, functions, differential/integral calculus, algebra, matrices, formal logic..
    I'm dreading 2nd year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I just completed 2nd year cert there, didn't have any maths to do.

AFAIK when you do a cert you only do maths in first year, none in second year then if you do an add on diploma theres still no maths but the degree has some **** hard maths stuff then!

hopefully i'll get that far....

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

I'm dreading 2nd year :(

Tell ya what - ill give u grind for 30 bills an hour, and thats cuttin me own throat :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement