Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop case modding

Options
  • 14-06-2003 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

:confused:
    does anyone know where i could get the blue prints for my laptop from? also does anyone know where i could buy l.e.d.'s from cos im thinking of customising my laptop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Try www.coolcasemods.com ive never seen a modded laptop before so good luck, also try
    http://www.crazypc.com/ but i dont know if they're safe to buy from.:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

laptops are not designed to be taken apart - ask anyone who has ever done it - too many catches and breaky plastic bits - when you start taking laptops apart you learn all about the proper use of super glue and 24Hr Araldite (don't bother with the quick set stuff..) .

Blue prints - you'll be lucky to find a real service manual..

You can use usb devices - for lights ?

How about a folding sunshade or reflector on the lid - solar panels on the lid sounded good - but we don't have the sunshine and as batteries get better notebooks user more power...

maybe use luminous paint and UV / fibre optics to get the lights
    don't forget as soon as you open the case - goodbye warranty.

LEDs are monochromatic so you can't use filters on them

maybe if you got your hands on an old etch a sketch....

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Buy an Apple Powerbook. QED. :cool:

Advertisement