Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQ2CL - Whens this starting again?

Options
  • 18-11-1998 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭

HIV feel like kicking Irish butt for a change :) The CTF league is a bit of a disaster atm, due to lack of effort on the part of some clans (us). As EM & DzR are the only 2 decent CTF clans why not just save loads of trouble and have a EM v DzR match, the winner is crowned IQ2CTFL champ, and we can get back to the DM league? :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Just because HIV got "burned" by DF on sunday 4-2 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Though it has to be said that server was in rag order. It was like walking through a swamp, worst lag I've ever seen on an Irish server.

Sure I guess some of us are better at ctf, and some at dm, eh Venom? :)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

The iq2cl was due to be played on the saturday each week while the iq2ctfl was on but seeing as people are havin so much trouble gettin a team together for only one night a week, it might b a bit much gettin them for 2. Anyway I'm not so sure about player availability on Sat nights I mean we all go out an get rat ****d.........don't we :). Seeing as the previous league was dm I thought it would be a change to have ctf, also there will be a lot more on the way such as 2 v 2, loki's etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Aye, saturday nite would not be a good idea, unless it was an early sunday morning IQ2RADL (Irish Quake 2 Rat ****d Drunk League). say first matches start at 1am sunday? we're all back in around then and on the war server anyway :)

Just try it now Ven, you cheeky bugger!! :)

• Advertisement

And I had monitor glare, and motion sickness, and my kids screaming at me for food, and voices in my head telling me to go out and burn things, and a dodgy keyboard, and an allergy to flags, and trying to get used to q2 in 1024x768, so there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

I must say our connections to the iq2ctfl server were rather good Sunday night ;)
    Its not on all these clans entering a CTF league and not having the sportsmanship to turn up for games. It can be a tough job getting a clan together only to be presented with a walkover. All that effort for nought :/
    Looking foward to our game on Sunday DF

We were there alright, my point was that I experienced abysmal lag, which is actually rare enough these days. Best I got was 320, spiking to 500ish if anyone actually moved or fired :)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

I'm not talking about HIV CT :)

Don't mind them Spoon there just crying coz Df spanked their ass :)

• Advertisement

The old "the lag was so bad on that sever" excuse. At least come up with a new one Troy.
    And btw I've kicked your **** around the sever's on more than time laddie :))))

ah yes, back in the good old days when castor was a newbie :)

noggie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Ok. Here's a thought. Personally I don't have daLI organised for any CTF league. Seems like too much effort for very little reward. Anyways I think alot of other clans don't really take CTF league seriously and even to quote Spoonman - '..ah it's only abit of fun really, no need to take it seriously..'. So howcome it's taking precedence over IQ2CL on Sunday nights? IQ2CL was the best fun I had playing Q2. Can we just get it started again or what?

m u c h a s I h a t e s a y i n g t h i s g g g r r r r r r r r

i agree with vor

there, i said it.

Fair enough Vorosha if yr not into ctf y didn't u ask me to take u out of the league, instead of ****in off other teams by no shows. As for y not a dm league, like I said we had a dm one jus before, rest assured there is one on the way in Jan, but can u garauntee yr clan will turn up for the ****ing matches cos there's no point in u being in if yr not gonna make an effort to play.

What you mean there's a DM league coming up in Jan? We allready have a DM league. It's called the IQ2CL and the second season should have restarted by now.

Oh, and please do remove daLi from IQ2CTFL. Thanks love.

Right Vor consider dali off the ctf list I'll have to give walkovers as some already got them. But gimme a bit of warning next time before you pull this ****.

Yes I meant the iq2cl and the reason it hasn't started yet......read the above post. I presume everyone doesn't want to play clan deathmatch leagues all the time, or do u?

Shank

yeah sorry about the ctf phiasco shank. it aint entirely my fault i should point out as many dali members who said they wanted it lost interest extremely quickly it seems. none of them showing up for the ctf practice sessions etc. and moving to sweden at the very start of it pretty much ****ed me up. sorry again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ehldas

Vor,

you could at least have had the balls to show up in person and tell everyone you weren't going to bother playing. First SKP2 don't show up for two weeks on the trot, then Dali don't bother playing either. Bad scene, and bad sportsmanship.

ok....um...sorry again? won't happen again? :/ awright? sorry? i'm sorry. sorry lads. sorry again for what happened. sorry dayer. jold sorry. sorry for that. sorry that it went that way. sorry again. again? yep, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jesus

christ vor, the least you could do is apologise.

Sorry.

Advertisement