Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Lan

Options
  • 14-06-2003 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

We need to get a LAN going this summer, and soon, has anyone got any idea's on where to have it or what? i WILL go, i have to, but anyway put down your name if your interested, but what we really need is a place to have it. :ninja:
    MIDLANDS :: Summer LAN 2003 g0e!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

weve discussed this many a time and from what ive seen there just is no intrest . tis why me and ivan + a few others are heading to galway lan

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

Grr! wish there was more lan-heads in midlands!!:rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

mmmmmm,
    TomTom sits back and strokes his chink in a thinking fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by TomTom
    mmmmmm,
    TomTom sits back and strokes his chink in a thinking fashion.

what exactly is your "chink"?

is that a nickname for something? :p

chain link on end of your chin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

I'd love to go to a lan as long as its at the weekend. I live in Laois

I ment my chin god dammit.

I will still be able to get a large hall for a lan, over night allowed along with beer. It has kitchen facilities and they will allow us the heating over nigh as long as we pay for it. There is a broadband satalite link to ONE computer in the building that i have access to. But it has a 2 gig cap.

If me get bored during the night, there is also a snooker room and fully equiped gym with steam room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

We could take up to 7 people here i think. I rent the place so drink/smoke/sleep all you want i dont care! We can have it all networked and ready and get a nice linux server setup too.

i would hope we could get lots of people to come cause it would mean ppl will always have someone to play against.

Well if can do it in that hall you were talking about i'd be well on for it. Could provide a few pcs and 5 or 6 monitors and throw in some network cable if needed. We should do it properly, setup a website, get loads of people from around the country to come. I'd be well on for organising it. Where abouts did you have in mind?

• Advertisement

I also know of at least 10 definates and maybe 20-30 more people that would definatly come and play. Could make it into an all day saturday thing, sell tickets, arrange beer and b&b for those that want to play/getlocked/sleep etc.

LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laois Summer Lan 2003

Could also have the LNA to handle security. Or maybe not.

This idea has now taken over my brain completly leaving only my nostrils and fingernails to process lower brain functions.

Im going over to Lanparties to see would anyone come down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

I live in laois and i think the lan party is a great idea. Make sure that its at the weekend though. I have work issues

Originally posted by pclancy
    LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laois Summer Lan 2003

Could also have the LNA to handle security. Or maybe not.

Whoa there pclancy, laois is not the midlands, well not all of it anyway.
    It is a midlands lan which incorperates laois offaly westmeath and any others who want to consider them selves in the midland.

I will get some webspace organised and we can all talk web page then first, afterthat when the word is out we will vote on locations and stuff, we have to try and accommodate everyone as regards location and dates.

sorry my mistake, i got a bit too excited.

I have 30 interested parties now. Seems there is definatly demand for it.

30 you say ... gets out calculator ... hmmm intresting

yep. bout 10 from dublin and the rest are local boys. But where I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yeah put me down as a definite and at least 2 others.

Also I'll help in anyway I can.

I'm in Offaly, btw.

Lets get a website sorted and we'll go from there i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

If I was to get a pc that i can transport or loan one of someone I am very much interested and will pay rental etc.Lets hope we do this one unlike the last attempt.The L.N.A is always on standby to provide various services and will provide security-with extra explosions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Ah there is interest, just no motivation.

Anyway, I set up an email for this very purpose a while ago

midlands_lan@hotmail.com

Do with it what you wish. Although it was orignally just a place for people to put their name for the LAN.

The L.N.A is always on standby to provide various services and will provide security-with extra explosions.

Damn Right, the private security branch of the LNA (LNAPS) is available for a discounted price.

We will secure the entire building for 50, Establish a 100m perimeter around the building for another 50euro.

We put on a good show

Road Blocks & Checkpoints are 25 euro each.

Can we get this movin? What can i do to get this going? Will I setup a site for people to sign up on and we'll see what numbers we get?

I definitely want to see this happen!

Ok so we can make a list of names and organise a place.

Or we could all meet up on messenger/ICQ/IRC(arg)
    And chat about it.

Dont let it fail again!

Has anyone some decent webspace for a site or will i just throw a simple one on my eircom freespace?

Choose a date. We can't really book a hall without choosing a date.
    I say either later this month or early next month.

I dont think we need a website, Just when we collect all the names, Real Names Please.... 10-15 is plenty IMO

We can all agree a date and Post a new thread to that effect.

When is the Lenister final on again? 13th?

Ok, lets try make some progress, How does the 20th (sunday) of this month sound? At the venue that TomTom arranges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Well , you know that I'm in for it , and a friend of mine wants to see it happen , as far a we're concerned anytime we're not drinking is good , so not during the fleadh then...

It's nearly easier we post dates we can't go rather than we can and then we can pick a date to book this hall

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

IRC:
    ign.ie.quakenet.org
    Port: 6667

/j #MidLan :)

• Advertisement

Got L for the room last night, also have a basic web page half constructed. Will post a link to it shortly.

Advertisement