Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Lan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

cool. 20th sounds fine to me. Are we gonna say everyone brings their pc and monitor? I could bring bout 6 monitors, 4 15", 1 17" and my 19". How much is this room gonna cost and are we gonna do a full days gaming or a night? What about the networking side of things? I could supply a 300m box of cable and maybe a small hub. What can other people score?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

I think an afternoon + an all nighter sounds good for timescale.

People should bring all their "freeware", DivX etc and Blank CD's.
    Anything else that would be useful.

We should make a standard list of what people should/have to bring, as soon as we get more info on the venue.

(extension Cords, 4-way adaptors, Guns etc etc...)

Boober and Pokes have extra network equipment (I think).

I think the Leinster Final is on the 20th :confused:

Or am I wrong? If we have it on the 20th, many people who would have come may not be able to.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

the leinster final was on today, Kilkenny won. (hurling)
    I suppose we should try and get everyone to bring everything they can and just have the extras in the case of something breaking.
    I have exams early in august so end of this month does not sound too bad.
    Will have to talk to the hall manager again.
    I vote for evening and then on into the night.
    I have a pub about 50 m away so getting supplys on the night will be no problem.

The football final is on on the 20th, im sure.

So I cant go if its on the 20th (LAN)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Yeah , if it was on on the 20th My drinking buddy and I would also be unable to attend , and Ill be away from the 20th to the 24th as well , and will be in ennis for the weekend after that for the lan there.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

this should be renames to autumn lan soon

why not do it on the 19th? ending on the 20th? , I can keep drinking when I'm in croke park , so I wont have to worry about a hangover until monday!

I can do it whenever, nothing major coming up in the next few months.

I'll fill the van up with beer and food if people give me money for it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Midland lan? hrm, interesting, I would be interested, providing the "once a week!" galway lan screws up, myself and elexes are in I am sure, and I can get a couple of others, provoding there is a big venue etc.

If tomtom can get a place, we can organise a page on room101.org

That should make things easier.

• Advertisement

tomtom, if you cant get a room in the next few days could you give me a shout and i'll see can i get one because im mad to do this and have a few potential places in mind. They would be in Portlaoise or Tullamore though so if thats a problem could people shout?

well port would be better for- me , you , vader , ryo , orangerooster.... hmm , portlaoise , Please?

Heh, in any case Tullamore is not too far. Id have no problem goin that way. But Portlaois would be easier.

Wherever we can get the best venue.

Ok are we gonna try get this going again?

Say, 30th of this month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Count me out if its the 30th-OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH LISDOONVARNA!gonna be great!

Christy Moore is the only good thing about that concert, or "Festival".

As they fought by Fidel's side...., his hands were gently etc etc

Id only go for the "athmosphere" or put simply Drink and ****

There I said It.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 THE_INSTALLER

Hello Guys
    I have only cum accross this thread 5 mins ago, and please correct me if im wrong........................but are you trying to setup a local area network in the laois area, or are you just talking about something completely different.

Apologies for Ignorance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

trying to get a group of ppl together in a room with their pc's and network them together.

trying to get a group of ppl together in a room with their pc's and network them together.

Ooogh is that all. I though you were trying to set up a WAN network form house to house, within a couple of miles radius, where as everyone could share the one broadband connetion from the comfort of their own homes.

Where is lenister telecommunications based, just as a matter of interest.

Mountmellick possibly?

• Advertisement

Where is lenister telecommunications based, just as a matter of interest.

Good Guess :)

Its Just that, I reside in mountmellick.

Do you know a chap by the name of holihan (cant remember first name), I was told he has something to do with lenister telecommunications, near the CORNER SHOP.

That Would be one of the persons who owned it.
    There was a few of us around m/mellick trying to set up a local area network in the town a while ago. Could'nt get enough peeps though

I think this thread is gone off of the beaten track a bit!!

There was a few of us around m/mellick trying to set up a local area network in the town a while ago. Could'nt get enough peeps though

A LAN as in, Gaming LAN or as you described it
    trying to set up a WAN network form house to house, within a couple of miles radius, where as everyone could share the one broadband connetion from the comfort of their own homes.

1 Broadband connection? Not very Fast when shared.

In either case, I know people who may be interested.

We seriously need to get a gaming LAN organised soon.

Oh btw, is the place near the corner shop now a Internet Cafe?

Sorry, I meant a wan (wide area network). We were going to use broadband satellite as our connection. There are a few guys down in limerick who have it successfully done with about 70 members & 30km radius. Some members use their houses as repeaters to extend their range.

Ah, I was having a chat with Emmet.H today (under the bridge), and He said he knew you, and you know me.

Ah, I was having a chat with Emmet.H today (under the bridge), and He said he knew you, and you know me.

Hope that's all ye were at under the 'bridge'. :D

Ah The Bridge™, what a beautiful place. A hangout for the ragtag, streetsmart youth of mountmellick.

What were we doing under the bridge? Well What do the ragtag, streetsmart youth of mountmellick normally do under the Bridge™?

By the way what kind of connection does the cafe have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

I know that this thread has ran out of ink about 9 months ago, but i thought some of u will be very interested and delighted in what i have to say.

Here the link to my thread :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166776

If anyone is interested, please post on my thread!

Thanx,

pyrogenx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Originally posted by BoobeR
    Grr! wish there was more lan-heads in midlands!!

Well Judging from the following two threads there are 17 Lan heads in the midlands. Im living in dublin but highly mobile and id be really up for a LAN in the midlands. It would have to be in a town with a main railwaystation or somebody from said town would have to be going for me to attend though.

This Thread

TomTom
    pclancy
    Ivan
    elexes
    Adrian
    Kaimera
    BoobeR
    pyrogenx

LNA Forum

Shaque Attack
    Vader
    Ryo
    Evan
    Stevo
    Agent Dean
    Drunken Barman
    Dancing Priest
    Knife Fighter

Ive a bit of experience organising events like this and would be glad to help out.
    First would those on the above list state wether or not they are available (and anyone else who is interested). Dont worry about venue, games, costs, transport or anything else for a minute, just would you go is the question.

Advertisement