Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who owns the land??

Options
  • 14-06-2003 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

dont know if this is the right place or not but here goes, there is some land in out estate which is over grown it about 2 acers + its in some state and noone knows who owns it the estate is about 27 years old and i was wondering if the reidents would own it our would it fall under the CC. where could i find this out ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm sure you local civic offices/town hall will have information
    on land ownership or failing that the Land Registry might have something, site below

http://www.landregistry.ie/sitemap.asp

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's possibly a piece of land owned by the original builder, who is either biding his time or has forgotten about it.

Alternatively it was taken over by the council and the parks department still think it is privately owned.

Of course, someone may have just died and no one made the ocnnection.

Talk to the council and ask them to pursue it under litter / deriliction legislation. Dublin City Council in particular have taken a policy of "give me your site now" though the courts, rather than just fining people.

There may be restrictions on accessing the Land Registry / Registry of Deeds (Data Protection Act (?)).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

i think the builder is still alive and has forgotten about the land, he also left a plot of land on the estate about 5 or 6 acers which was also overgrown untill we got on to the council to clean it up then they took over it, the builder has gone bancrupt and i think he has long forgotten the land. i am going to ring the council 2mrow and what they can do

Advertisement