Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Banned" Games

Options
  • 14-06-2003 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Okies, so i'm in the mood for some weird abstract and well "banned" games as I've mentioned in one of my other posts. anywho, i remember watching tumb bandits a long time ago on channel 4 and they did a special on "banned" games. Some were too violent, hypnotic etc.... to be released this side of the world and so were banned. So if anyone knows of any such games could you please name them :) I'd like to have a look to see if I can purchased a couple of them.
    Thanks,
    BoB_BoT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

just becuase a game is banned doesn't mean it's good...
    hooligans being a perfect example.

carmageddon is the only other game i can think of, so much more fun with the blood patch:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

was postal banned?

And how do you "purchase" banned games if they are banned?

yes Hooligans did suck monkeys balls.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

My ex claimed that friend of hers had ferreted out a copy of the banned "Thrill Kill", which was some kind of BDSM-themed FPS. Sounds so good it hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Thrill Kill was the original incarnation of wu-tang: taste the pain.

it was a four player beat em up with lots of ultra-violence, bdsm nurses and midgets on stilts and going by wu-tang was actually quite good. it was leaked many years ago and is available to download if you know where to look, and i dont :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Nurses? Midgets?! Pah, I think I'll stick to Return to Castle Wolfenstein for my- um, perhaps this isn't the most apt forum on the net for all that, though. Heh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lewcifer

speaking of taste the pain; i know someone who has it...they got it ages back..im not sure if they still have but will find out.

or you could be really bad and evil and go 2 germany and play the irish version of rtcw (with all the insignias and everythin), that way u can play a banned game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Phantasmagoria was banned in ireland wasnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

when things are banned it makes them 100% cooler do you agree, thers nothing like having something that is banned and showing it off to your friends

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

well yeah the coolness factor of owning a banned game hehe. but there were some games that interested me on tumb bandits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Thrill kill was never actually banned, that seems to have become a rumour that spread a bit too far. It was pulled before release. The pre-release copy that did the rounds was terrible anyway. It wasn't particularly gory, the graphics being awful didn't help. Got a copy of it but it was only good for about 10 minutes of seeing what the deathmoves were with each character and for the most part they were pretty boring. Stilts down the throat, exploding heads, nothing new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Out of curiosity was Hitman 2 banned. I remember hearing about it being offending to seiks or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lewcifer

i dont think it was banned. maybe in some parts of the world but i know it was pulled from the shelves somewhere aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Why does the "abstract games" need to be banned?
    There's loads of games that are a little different that are actually available to buy, or will be soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

hitman wasnt banned but a level set inside a mosque with terrorists was removed because it caused offence or something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

well Vice city was banned from australia !

and 28days is just being released in usa !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I think Barbarian was banned for a while too, wanst it? But that was possibly due to the cover which featured wolf from gladiators oiled up holding a big sword...ohhh...creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

in germany doesnt the blood in their games have to be green? or is that gone by now?

tbh good riddance to those banned games containing sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Hitman 2 wasnt banned however,siekh lobbyists managed to persuade Edios to remove some crass anti siekh literature in the game "history" from their website,because it was a gross distortion of history based around the events of Golden Temple Siege.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What about the most offensive game of all. Well nintendo thought it was. Tengens version of tetris was banned by nintendo because they didn't pay them to release it (well it's more complex than just that).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by nesthead
    in germany doesnt the blood in their games have to be green? or is that gone by now?
    All blood must be green and all those who die must be portrayed as far from human as possible. A good way to see this is, in GTA3, change the language to german. Now there is no blood, and you can't run over people lieing on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

yeap german blood must be non existant or green. if you look at any game that has gore/blood in it, you'll be able to find a blood patch in german :) hehe

Advertisement