Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL = big pile of steaming kak

• 14-06-2003 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

Why oh why oh why is NTL's cable "service" such a big pile of steaming kak?

trying to watch tonight through white noise and a blizzard, its like going back to the old outside arial days only worse. You would think that, after 30 years of NTL and their Cablelink predecessors running a cable network, they would know what they are doing but no.

My dad just rang them to complain but got the brush-off

I hope BBC digital satellite launchs soon and puts them and theiir fellow chancers in Chorus out of business

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I suppose you should count yourself lucky that you're not in a Chorus area! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Our Chorus Wireless phone gone very dodgy due to trees.

Amazingly the Chorus guy came out very quick when we rang and complained.

Unfortunately he said "It's the trees. It will have to be re-engineered. Different department, bye"

We havn't seen anybody since.

I'm glad our TV is not on Chorus. They'll need a 30ft pole on top of house to get past the trees. The phone only worked at all becuase it was at head height in yard "firing" under the tree boughs, but even that "windows" in the leafy wall is slowly filling up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

I rang NTL when my father died earlier this year to cancel his account (he was an NTL digital subscriber and had paid €100+ in advance).
    • Firstly I was told that this would be fine by a nice NTL rep. Was pleasantly surprised.
    • Received a bill from NTL about 2 weeks later. Rang to check that the account had actually been cancelled, was told that it wasn't because I hadn't sent in a Death Certificate (I was never asked for a Death Certificate) - Faxed in Certificate that day.
    • Received a second bill from NTL. Rang them up, was on hold for 45 minutes and then got to speak to the most incompetent phone monkey ever who told me that she had checked the fax machine and that my fax was not on it (this was about 3 weeks after I'd sent in the fax. I would not have expected it to be still on the fax machine.
    • Repeatedly asked to be put through to a supervisor and was repeatedly told that they were all too busy to talk to me.
    • Informed phone monkey that unless I was put through to a supervisor, I would be on the phone to ComReg straight away. Was put through.
    • Explained situation to supervisor - got verbal confirmation that a refund would be in the post. Asked for written confirmation of this and was informed that NTL's e-mail team would get on to it when possible. (An e-mail team??? Have you ever heard the like???)
    • Have since received 2 bills for €0 from NTL, both addressed to my late father (NTL obviously don't realise that this is in bad taste) and they cannot claim ignorance of his death given that they were sent a Death Certificate at the time and also my phone calls.

In short, NTL are a shower of incompetent w*nkers who don't deserve the business.

</rant over>

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Now that is very bad. My sympathies, for what must be utterly distressing for you and your family.

Stuff Comreg, this is one for Joe Duffy. I remember years ago when Esther Rantzen's "That's Life" used to be full of cases like this.

Advertisement