Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone want a WITNNESS ticket?

Options
  • 15-06-2003 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

zwan cancelled :(

i'm sellin my 2 day camp ticket for €100,
    that's €30 off.
    mail rudrowe@yahoo.com

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Dude this shud be in the for "sale forum" or what ever ya call it. Anyway. Check it out here.

Oh. And I'll take that ticket of your hands ;)

Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

wasn't aware of it but more potential buyers on this forum anyway, as you've just justified ;)

SOLD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 butterflywings

zwan cancelled? u sure? oh **** that anyway. but its still in the ads in the papers?! b.ast.ards.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

yeah the cancelled citing "family reasons" and that was all.

Confirms, definatly the worst witness ever!!!

"NEWSFLASH!! Billy Corgan's new band Zwan have cancelled all their summer festival plans including Witnness.

In a brief statement issued through their record company, the band cite "family reasons" for pulling.

The Hot Press Newsdesk "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Ah doesnt bother me.. I wouldnt be arsed goin to see them anyway.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

thats my girl lamda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

are people going to see zwan...OR are they going to see the pumpkins... does he cover old stuff?

that waS the orignial reason for me seeing frank black;wanting to hear the pixies.but i ended up liking the catholics...most fun

Originally posted by Gar_ptc
    are people going to see zwan...OR are they going to see the pumpkins... does he cover old stuff?

Don't think they do pumpkins covers and your making it sound like a one man band there. Corgan is nothing but an ego trip, Jimmy was also in the pumpkins and he is one of the greatest drummers EVER. So it would be nice if people actually noticed him in Zwan too, although I really don't like their music.

Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Originally posted by dregin-x
    Corgan is nothing but an ego trip

ah but a very entertaining ego trip...... Never saw the Pumpkins so I was looking forward to Zwan... and Billy... and his bald head.... :(

If they did covers it would be amazing but unlikely tbh....

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Duffman
    ah but a very entertaining ego trip...... Never saw the Pumpkins so I was looking forward to Zwan... and Billy... and his bald head.... :(

If they did covers it would be amazing but unlikely tbh....

Yeah it would be pretty sweet. I saw the pumpkins in the Olympia last time around. To be honest, it was nothing special. They just drew out every song into an unecessary mess as far as I could hear/see. probably being evil as most people would have given their right arm to be there but I thought it was pretty boring although actually gettin to see the Pumpkins live before the end made up for it :)

Dregin

I got the show on Cd-r if anyone's interested in B&P (price of blank cd-r and postage)

Originally posted by dregin-x
    They just drew out every song into an unecessary mess as far as I could hear/see.

but porcelina was fukin class!

always special to see them but being their last ever european gig it should have been better - a few too many off the machina and machinaII albums, not their best imo.

listening to that olympia CD now,
    maybe i was being bit harsh asking for more,
    forget the rest of the gig,
    all you need is 1979 preceded by the warm applause for each member,
    wow
    an unforgettable moment

A guy I know was at every single show they did in the UK at that time. He got backstage at Wembley Arena and he said they just tore through loads of old stuff without the big fret wánking sessions. He said the Olympia gig was the worst one by far, his favourite being the one in Glasgow. Thing is I was in Glasgow the night they played on a school tour and had meself all phsyched up to make a runner for it but the teachers found out and were gaurding my door half the night :( The pumpkins were stayin just down the road from us too. Ah well. Did you buy your cd-r from rythm or one of those cash hoes in Dublin? me got nice cheap tapes and transferred them. living in Cavan too long you learn how to get value for money ;)

Dregin

no, one of the lads on the pumpkins forum sent me a copy,
    think he bought it for something mad like £30 from shop on the quays. Olympia would have been better if there wasn't all seating downstairs - none of the UK gigs were all seaters.

btw dregin, sent that ticket to you today. cheers!

Originally posted by knobbles
    btw dregin, sent that ticket to you today. cheers!

Nice one.
    Originally posted by knobbles
    for something mad like £30 from shop on the quays.

Yeah, that's probably Rythm Records. They used to do ALL the shows played in Dublin. They were selling CD-Rs for funkin €30 though. I think that's where I got my tapes too. There's nowhere around now that has the selection of stuff that they used to have even if it was total extortion :( Trading is the best way. I got Nirvana in the Point on DVD for next to nothing :D

Dregin

Advertisement