Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduation Songs

Options
  • 15-06-2003 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Was just wondering what was everybodies Graduation song (provided ya had one). Might be of interest to next years Leaving Certs.
    Ours was Greenday-Time Of Your Life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

EVERYONE had that one!!

we'd a couple -
    "True Colours" ('if this world makes you crazy and you've taken all you can bear, just call me up because you know i'll be there')
    "Goodbye" (yeah by the Spice Girls... i know...)
    "The Scientist" ('nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard..im going back to the staaaaaaaaart...')"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

we had one and it was by Vitamin C--forget the name of the song though!!clever ay?hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

sniff I thought my year was the only one with Greenday- TOYL
    god I hate that song now,it's so cheesy! All the losers cryin and swayin to tha beat. pfff I couldnt wait to leave the kip. I'll miss speakin Irish tho. ahh the memories
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

ours was a kick ass song by leonard cohen ..
    ****in genius of a artist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

We had "Lean On Me", "You've Got a Friend" by James Taylor, "It's Getting Better" by the Beatles and the Happy Days theme.

}:>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Happy Days was just... happy.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by adser53
    sniff I thought my year was the only one with Greenday- TOYL
    Its quite possibly the most stereotypical song that could be picked, thank God the people doing the music in our year had some originality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

heh, we did a parody of 'i will survive'
    i wont revise, i wont reviiiiise
    it was pretty funny, no sentimental tear-jerking crap for us, all glad to be out of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 romey

we had "lean on me" which our asswipe of a religion teacher picked.i suggested "stand by me" by ben e king.but they were like "oh like no way that song is sooooooo old!" what! and lean on me isnt? grr!:mad: and the stupid gits stole my idea for the poster! god im gonna miss those guys (not!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

stand by me" by ben e king we had that and greenday.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

We had the cheesiest thing ever, it was that one True Friends by Jerry Fish. So bad :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

Originally posted by CuLT
    Its quite possibly the most stereotypical song that could be picked, thank God the people doing the music in our year had some originality.

amen, and to think, I used to be able to tolerate that song...but after hearing all the knackers "yer grainday and dah song" I'm finding it hard

The last song played at our gradnite thing was Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash. Nobody was getting emotional or anything, just rowdy for the night ahead!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Closing Time by Semisonic

its quite a good song and has very appropiate lyrics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Wish you were here by Pink Floyd

Johnny be good to bring it up a notch

And then a nice thick slice of thin lizzy (whiskey in the jar)

And finally down to the pub for lots of beer and a Celtic match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

there were plans to do an improv version of another brick in the wall part 2 when they were supposed to do Closing time now that would have been funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

with a little help from my friends - beatles
    song from hope street -david kitt
    let it be - the beatles
    forever young
    love gets sweeter - finlay quaye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

yeah we had greenday too, pretty ghey stuff. Maybe we all go to the same school?

My prinicipal wouldn't allow me to play at our graduation. As at our christmas concert i played 'Rape me' to a bemused audience of teachers, students and the parent assocation, and then a guitar rendition of NWA'S 'straight outta compton'. Which he deemed i may do likewise at the graduation and jeopardise the night from running smoothly.

To be honest if i was allowed to play i probably would have went for that jimmy ray classic 'are you jimmy ray? who wants to know who wants to know'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Zachary Taylor

We had hours of meetings trying to decide on music, with the basic ground rules of no Oasis, no U2, no The Scientist and for the love of god and all that is holy, no Greenday (Good Riddance, although everybody calls it Time of Your Life). At one point we had settled on Never Forget by Take That for the last song but it was far too complicated, and we toyed with the idea of the Cheers song (or Flaming Moe's), the Friends song and literally hundreds of others based on our own ideas and a questionnaire the year took from which the most popular suggestion was The Final Countdown (Europa), but eventually we settled on the ones imp said (You're Ian. I just found that out although I had my suspicions) and then when we were planting our traditional tree we all sang an adapted version of Irland's Call (With the name of our school instead of Ireland, obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

My prinicipal wouldn't allow me to play at our graduation. As at our christmas concert i played 'Rape me' to a bemused audience of teachers, students and the parent assocation

ROFL :D

I heard a song this morning that really should have been a candidate.

Van Morrison - Bright Side of the Road .

I'm shocked that I didn't suggest that it be thrown in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

yeh, we'd True Colours, You've got a friend and Oh happy days, among others at ours.

I really thought Jerry Fish and the Mudbug Club- True Friends would be a class one to have , or Queens Friends will be friends.

Originally posted by Zachary Taylor
    (You're Ian. I just found that out although I had my suspicions)

Damn. I'm at something of a disadvantage here... I'll figure this out...

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Sparkle

Ok well seeing as it seems to be the same songs coming up each time, hows about - what song would YOU have chosen for your graduation?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 romey

thats easy i totally would have LOVED! "another brick in the wall" by pink floyd but I would have added lots of curse's to vent all that built up "stuck in a stuffy all girls school for 6years "RAGE that would have been SWEET!!!!:p :p

Originally posted by imp
    Damn. I'm at something of a disadvantage here... I'll figure this out...

tell me when u figure out ian :) .

Originally posted by CuLT
    tell me when u figure out ian :) .

Done. I had a vague suspicion which turned out to be totally correct. Go me!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Didn't have anything at our school, but I think Radiohead's Motion Picture Soundtrack and a re-worked version of Airbag would be sweet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Our theme is "Friendship is......"
    :mad:
    Yuck.
    Anyway yeh we were meant to have some paddy casey song. But now its the Beatles.
    I hate all that sentimental crap. (excuse my language)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I put down Eifel 65 - Blue, Electric 6 - Gaybar and Rednex - Cotten Eyed Joe. If any of them get played I'll be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Highway to Hell

but they didnt use it

****ers

Advertisement