Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Car Chase In a Movie

• 15-06-2003 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

What are your fave car chase scenes in movies?

Ronin (The Paris Chase)
    Bullitt
    The Bourne Identity
    Terminator 2 (Near the end with the helicopter and truck)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

its got to be the French Connection - no contest

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

i never saw that but i heard the chase is class innit. Somethin to do with a train r sumtin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

matrix reloded, terminator2 ronin, bullit gone in 60 seconds, fast and the furious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Matrix Reloaded, Ronin, Heat, the motorcycle chase/fight in Akira near the start, and Spiderman (well - him chasing a car when he first gets his powers), the Steve McQueen motorcycle chase in the Great Escape

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

2 Fast 2 Furious is definitly a winner. At the start there is a great chase and in the ad, that part is great too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trazix

THE BLUE'S BROTHERS

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The blues brothers car chases were deadly, especially when the nazi party show up. I can tell you one thing, if anyone votes for gone in 60 seconds I'll kill them. Loads of gorgeous cars, not even one decent car chase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Said it before, will say it again, Bad Boys.
    Also all of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

First the Runners Up

1st Blues Brothers

2nd Smokey and the Bandit 2

3rd Canonball Run 2

4th Mad Max

5th Bullit

But teh win is Duel

Blues Brothers is amazin! Pity they ruined it with Blues Brothers 2000.You kno a movies gonna be crap when they bring a "smart-alec" kid into it.God help us when Die Hard 4 comes out with Mc Clane on hols in the Carribean with his teenage daughter....AAAAARRRGGGGG!

And Mad Max 2 has the better car chase.

Reloaded's motorway scenes at the end were class!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I'd second the French Connection Nemici.. brilliant
    Oh and The Great Escape... but I have a weakness for Steve McQueen so.....
    Also The Italian Job... I like Minis:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Bullit for me, incidentally a mate of mine got me a cd of the original Bullit soundtrack but rerecorded by the original composer/conductor. Get your hands on it if you can. Although Ronin was pretty good also and the Italian Job was class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

Ronin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Matrix reloaded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

Ronin
    The Bourne Identity
    Matrix Reloaded
    and THe Blues Brothers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ronin - more of a car chase than a movie

matrix reloaded - 15 minutes of sheer omfg:eek:

blues brothers - cheers for the idea, might watch that later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

this is not a top 3 list

akira
    reloaded
    Ronin (The Paris Chase) <=== the rest of the moive was pure poo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Bullit, Ronin, The Italian Job and The French Connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

1st - The Driver

2nd - Vanishing Point (original)

3rd - 1974 Gone in 60 Seconds

4th - Bullitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Bullit, Ronin...

What bit in bourne identity, you're not talking about the likkle bit in the mini?

What about the bond movies? Would the lotus underwater count as a car chase? Since a car was being chased? How about the vegas one with connery?

• Advertisement

Police Story had a pretty spectacular car chase through a shanty town followed by the bus chase scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

It's all been said before but here goes...
    Reloaded
    Terminator 2
    Ronin
    The Great Escape
    Blues Brothers
    Tron - on those moterbikes that leave the wall behind them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Any one know of a film around the 1970's(or later) mark where a fella in a white charger(i think) beats across the states on his own pumped up on speed being chased by the cops. At the end
    he drives straight into a road block of diggers on purpose and the story ends
    ????

Anyway

Matrix reloaded
    Ronin
    Terminator 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Bullitt, Ronin but my favourite is DUEL. G'wan Spielberg.

yeah the little bit in the mini. I thought that was class!

gs39t are you talkin about the really old film "The Driver" with Ryan O Neill and Isabelle Adjani (I think) and to prove how good the driver is he smashes the car up in an underground car park with all the lads innit with him? That films car chases are absolutely deadly! I dunno how I forgot that one, I even have it on video.

Adser53,

Yeah, thats the one :)

Even made a DVD out of my vhs copy of it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by mooman_00
    Any one know of a film around the 1970's(or later) mark where a fella in a white charger(i think) beats across the states on his own pumped up on speed being chased by the cops. At the end
    he drives straight into a road block of diggers on purpose and the story ends
    ????

Thats Vanishing Point which was a pretty poor movie, full of dreadful early 70s metaphyisical angst and hippy crap. The best moment was when Mountians "Missipppi Queen" suddenly cranked up on the soundtrack but sadly it did'nt last...! The ending was a true cop-out suggesting that either a, the driver was a ghostly spirit (very 70s) or b, the writer just got bored and said "that it, finnished".

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0067927

Mike.

Thats Vanishing Point which was a pretty poor movie, full of dreadful early 70s metaphyisical angst and hippy crap.

Ever seen the TV remake of this, with Viggo Mortisen (sp?)

Worst pile of crap ive ever seen.

They took a cult classic movie, and made it pathetic. In the remake, the guy is just trying to get home because his wife is in hospital :rolleyes:

Plus, they took the black radio caster and replaced him with........Jason Preistly! :mad:

Oh Yeah..my my favourite car chase scene - proberly The French Connection for its vivid, loud ambience. Not surprising really as much of the stuff was shot "for real" and sometimes with Hackman at the wheel. The insurance would let you get away with that sort of thing now...Honourable mentions for The Seven Ups, Ronin, The Driver.

Am I the only one who reckons there has yet to be a real cracker of a chase in a Bond movie? Not just some good moments but not a real hum-dinger of a chase...

Mike.

• Advertisement

I would recomend anyone who loves car chaces, to download the bmw films, go to www.bmwfilms.com and then click on america on the map and download the movies. They're great, directed by film makers and include stars like: james brown, johnny knoxville, maralyn manson and madonna . You can download 3 and a dvd is coming out! seriously its like a nine minute block buster movie, also if you download the quicktime version you can get subtitles, so you can understand them even in school. Im still at school by the, way most people are off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

These mightened be cars but another great chase is in MI2. At the end where there on the bikes is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Originally posted by Bubba
    These mightened be cars but another great chase is in MI2. At the end where there on the bikes is great!

I thought the bit on the bikes was terrible, really over the top.

Ronin, blue brothers.

id agree that gone in 60 secs was pretty weak on the chase scenes for a fast car film.

Originally posted by Bubba

Have to say I thought that was terrible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Gone in 60 Seconds: the ending car chase in the Shelby was pretty good, except for the flying ****. BUt the car is so cool it has to be good.

Matrix Reloaded: the highway chase, absoluetly mad.

The Transporter: I liked this movie a lot and thought the car chases were great.

Terminator 2

Indiana Jones/Last Crusade: does the motorbike case after Castle Brunwald count?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes it was amazing how they could make a car chase with a shelby average.

• Advertisement

I have to agree with the majority here, MI:2's end sequence was a tad over the top and Gone in 60 seconds was just a big pile of poooooooooooooo! I only saw the transporter last night, theres some deadly chases in that, especially at the start.

I kno Duel was a good flik but did anyone think it was a tad over rated? Also pretty cool the way you get the odd glimpse of steven himself in the rear view mirror

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Ronin for me too...

I just love that scene where they are driving against the traffic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

The Blue Brothers.. no contest for me.

From "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes; it's dark and we're wearing sun glasses. Hit it!" to the centre of Chicago is pure cinematic brilliance.

The one redeeming feature of BB2000 is that it crashes more cars than the original.

but BB's car chases were a tiny, weeeeensy bit credible. They were way over the top, but in BB200 it was just feckin ridiculous! DID'NT THEY EVER HEAR OFF BRAKES!!!!!! "Oh look there's a big MASSIVE pile-up up ahead,jebus i cant put on the brakes" yada yada yada for another ten minutes,by which youve lost all interest. BB2000 is an embarrasment to the BB. :mad:

I saw 2fast 2furious the other day and the opening race is fantastic! OTT but it's what you expect, it's one of the coolest films ive ever seen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

The Blues Brothers car chase is excellent. Add some great music and you've got one hell of a movie. 'We're on a mission from God'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Hard to beat Ronin but, for local interest, I nominate The Mackintosh Man (Paul Newman, James Mason - 1973). Great high speed chase along the narrow, winding roads of Connemara.

Originally posted by davros
    Hard to beat Ronin but, for local interest, I nominate The Mackintosh Man (Paul Newman, James Mason - 1973). Great high speed chase along the narrow, winding roads of Connemara.

Didn't know about this but I'll look out for it now

Originally posted by davros

Good Call! :) I forgot that film ever existed, another 70s flick from this side of the ocean which had a rather neat chase was Callan a spin off from the Ed Woodward series. And if you want to watch a couple of Fiat 128s end up in metro tunnel watch out for a french flick called The Burglars

http://home.austin.rr.com/cinemaofpain/film/burglars.html

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

Its has to be a film called Taxi 2.....its a french film about a fella being chased by french police........its unbelievable!........FIND IT AND WATCH IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

bad boys II
    bullitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

The Crow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

blues brothers for sure and can the truck/horse/jeep chase count in indiana jones and the raiders of the lost arc? thats great that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Taxi - French Class (Taxi II wasn't as good)
    The French Connection - Gene Hackman and one hell of car chase with a train, class
    The Blues Brother - Excellent
    Ronin - Good film and excellent chases !!!!

The Original Itallian Job

Way Of The Gun

• Advertisement
Advertisement