Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TCC memories

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

was there sumtin called The Spruce Caboose where animals used a caboose as a clubhouse?

The Getalong Gang? They used to have a caboose as their clubhouse - Montgomery Moose, Zipper the Cat, some girly animal called Portia or something?
    Used to have the toy caboose, and they had a haunted house playset too :)

Thundercats is out on R1 DVD now, but apparently the transfers are quite poor -- still debating whether to get them or not :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

battle Tech was the greatest cartoon of them all! I havent been able to find or see it anywhere for years-can anyone help me? Anyone know how to get the episodes?!

Also there was another programme i coludnt rmember the name of-it had a T-rex and 2 people who knew about it-all i can remember is that they drove a jeep nd the guy had black hair and wore a blue tattred denim jacket and the girl had black hair and a red top..can anyone help with finding either of these two???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Duffman'05 wrote:
    battle Tech was the greatest cartoon of them all! I havent been able to find or see it anywhere for years-can anyone help me? Anyone know how to get the episodes?!

Try here: http://www.battletechmodproductions.com/dloads_var.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rosa2008

Hey there!! I just want to say that i loved this show too!!!!!! :D I watched it when i was a kid in the late 80s, now im 24 and still love it!!!Its good to know im not the only one!!There appear to be many fans of this show already!ive even made an entry specially on it in my blog!:o i love everything about it, and the theme tune too!! Viva Denver!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ninjaturtle99

anyone remember a show about babies that live in the sky? there was a detective baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

yes it was on the den, it was called Tír na hÓige. T'was in irish i believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

anyone remember a show about babies that live in the sky? there was a detective baby?
    The english version was called Baby Follies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

The demise of TCC was a painful thing to witness. They seemed to sell all their shows to 'Trouble' or something and all we were left with was reruns of a select few episodes of Earthworm Jim and Battletech (which rocked ass btw, the bits where it went into CGI were savage.)

Bringing 'Gigantor' out of the bag at the end was a notable act, but it couldnt save the channel.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FairyPrincess

I practically was brought up with TCC, and I’m from Denmark!
    But I totally loved that channel.
    Especially cartoons like Dog Tanian, around the world in 80 days, the wombles, and what about the clangers, how cute where they?!
    I also remember the program Jack in the box. The lady pulled the teddy bear out of a basket, or sometimes it was a doll.
    Or what about the to dolls on a boat. I believe Rosie and Jim where their names.
    Hmm, was it on TCC there where kind of space dinosaurs who could blow bubbles and bite/clips things together?

/Lea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

TCamen wrote:
    The Getalong Gang? Montgomery Moose, Zipper the Cat, some girly animal called Portia or something?
    yeah, it was portia the porcupine, woolma the lamb, dot the dog and a beaver called bingo i think?
    anyone else remember Dinosaurs? the dad was (earl?) and wife was fran they had 2 teenage kids and a baby. i used to have all the figures of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah the getalong gang - "each ones so special in their own way" :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mffBVAwsr8Q

Duffman'05 wrote:
    Also there was another programme i coludnt rmember the name of-it had a T-rex and 2 people who knew about it-all i can remember is that they drove a jeep nd the guy had black hair and wore a blue tattred denim jacket and the girl had black hair and a red top..can anyone help with finding either of these two???

Could have been Dino-Riders, or Caddilacs and Dinosaurs.
    Hmm, was it on TCC there where kind of space dinosaurs who could blow bubbles and bite/clips things together?

That was definitely called Diplodo's.........."Di-Di-Di-Diplodooooohos" :D

Btw.......you can view old episodes of some cartoons here (as well as a lot of great current ones and current films and TV series) at this website

http://tv-links.co.uk/

A few of the gems that can be found are:

Earthworm Jim
    The Tick
    Beavis & Butthead
    Bucky O'Hare
    Captain Planet
    He-Man
    Justice League
    Transformers
    Thundercats
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    etc.

Some other things i remember from TCC (haven't read through the whole thread, so apologies if there's any repeats)

Telly Cat..........TV anchorman with an ostrich as a co-host. Friends actually ripped off the theme song with Phoebe's "smelly cat" song for the cat food commercial.

Round the twist........Alligator down the sewer doing crazy stuff. "Have you ever........ever felt like this........when strange things happen, are ya goin' round the twist."

Knightmare.......gameshow for secondary schools where the main participant wore a helmet and was guided by 2 or 3 other classmates on a virtual reality screen.

Knightmare

EDIT: Just read the rest of the thread and everything i mentioned is already there :( .

Anyway, hope you find something on that tv links site, cos otherwise this was a waste of 15 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I've just skimmed this thread so forgive me if I'm wrong but it looks like in 113 posts, no one has mentioned the Bots Master. Shame, shame on you all.
    The wikipedia page has a list of their shows. A lot of nostalgia there. I'd tried searching for it before but up until about 20 minutes ago, I still thought that TCC stood for "Totally Cool Cartoons".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Although I haven't read the whole thread, does anyone remember the following programs?

Gigantor
    Spellbinders
    AJ's Amazing Adventures (or something like that)
    This cartoon that was called 'Sultans' or something.

Ah the memories of my youth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Conqueror

You know, I never actually had TCC, but I did get a friend of my mother's to record some of the programming in 1994. I still have those tapes, and can recall the entire weekday schedule for spring 1994. In fact, I saw some of them at the weekend. Beakman's World (Tuesdays at 4, see told you) rocked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MiniMetro

Does anyone remember when the TCC event in Stephen's Green? I went in with my babysitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Chula

OMG! TCC! i cant bealive i found this thread :D:D:D
    But i have a question, someone in an earlier thread asked if someone remembers this cartoon vampire who had nightmares and always woke up in the end, and something with overgrown fangs. Please i must know that shows name, ive looked everywhere, someone must know that shows name :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hends

I Also Have Been Looking Constantly Over the Past Few Days And Majority Of The Last Few Nights For the Very Same Cartoon.
    No One I Know Knows Anything About It.
    It's Like It Doesn't Exist.

I Must Thank You "Chula", For I Was Questioning My Sanity There.

http://www.youtube.com/TheBigDaddyD
    If Anyone Want To Bring Back Some Real Memories. Check This Guys Videos There is Some Crap But Amongst Are Some Gems.

Vimpire With The Oversized Fangs Who Are You !!!

Hends wrote:
    I Also Have Been Looking Constantly Over the Past Few Days And Majority Of The Last Few Nights For the Very Same Cartoon.
    No One I Know Knows Anything About It.
    It's Like It Doesn't Exist.

I Must Thank You "Chula", For I Was Questioning My Sanity There.

http://www.youtube.com/TheBigDaddyD
    If Anyone Want To Bring Back Some Real Memories. Check This Guys Videos There is Some Crap But Amongst Are Some Gems.

Vimpire With The Oversized Fangs Who Are You !!!

YEA i know, like it doesn't exist!!!! IM GOING CRAZY!!! someone must know the name, cm'on people!!! REMEMBER!!!! :)
    That was my favorite show when i was little, just waiting for the vampire to show up between the programs on TCC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

anyone else remember Dinosaurs? the dad was (earl?) and wife was fran they had 2 teenage kids and a baby. i used to have all the figures of them.
    Yep, the dinosaur answer to "The Simpsons". Only the baby stuck out (calling his dad - "not the mama!") and the last episode where the dad inadvertently triggered the ice age and the show ended with them all pretty much dying. True.

I never much cared for "Around the World with Willy Fogg" but it always amused me that the local free paper printed the progammes details as "Around the World with Willy Nilly".

Watched lots of others (have all of MCOG and "Ulysses 31") but I've always wondered whether the little puppy's mantra in 'Earthworm Jim' where he goes "fear is the little death, I must control my fear.." etc was a tongue-in-cheek nod to 'Dune'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

D-Generate wrote:
    I remember those singing raisins too. The toy box show was called Johnson and Friends

was it not johnson's closet?

with the red truck, and the hot water bottle, alfred, or albert or something?

i remember loving that, but only one of my friends remembers it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

WellyJ wrote:
    Anyone remember Bobby's World?

The kid with the big feet and the catchy theme tune?

the little boy with the big imagination! and the mam, i cant rememebr what she looked like, but she said 'dontcha know' a lot! :D

also, has anyone mentioned two angry beavers yet?
    that was fantastic! norm and dag! i remember one episode where they were on hte beach and singing a song, i cnat remember it, except this 'whah wha wha oohhhhhh' kinda thing...

or another one where dag annoyed norm, i think he farted in his face or something, and norm vowed revenge, and got dag really really REALLY paranoid, and then came to the conclusion that his revenge was not actually getting revenge, so that dag would be constantly nervous and paranoid, and dag bought that, and then relaxed, and then norm sprung his trap or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

How Has "you Can't Do That On Television" Not Been Mentioned Yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

apologies if either of these has been mentioned already but I didn't see them and I need to know!!

The first was some sort of drama set on a Greek island. Have no idea what went on in every episode but there was a boy who might have been called Spike who always had sunscreen on his nose.

The second seemed to be vaguely like the Labyrinth film, or at least it involved some sort of labyrinth. There was a girl and a boy called Quinn and if I'm not mistaken, one episode involved them talking about an incident that vaguely recalled the plot of Equus.

Help!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 matressking

Round the twist........Alligator down the sewer doing crazy stuff. "Have you ever........ever felt like this........when strange things happen, are ya goin' round the twist."

Round the twist was the show about the family that lived in a lighthouse.
    Round the Bend is what you're thinkin of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Monkey61 wrote:
    apologies if either of these has been mentioned already but I didn't see them and I need to know!!

The first was some sort of drama set on a Greek island. Have no idea what went on in every episode but there was a boy who might have been called Spike who always had sunscreen on his nose.

The second seemed to be vaguely like the Labyrinth film, or at least it involved some sort of labyrinth. There was a girl and a boy called Quinn and if I'm not mistaken, one episode involved them talking about an incident that vaguely recalled the plot of Equus.

Help!!

Are you sure it was a Greek island? Rings a bell alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Duffman'05 wrote:

The man's name was Jack and there was this guy trying to kill him. The guy chasing him kept scraping "JAK" in rocks for some reason...?
    Bringing 'Gigantor' out of the bag at the end was a notable act, but it couldnt save the channel.

Ah yeah, the Japanese anime thing. I remember the theme tune so clearly :D and I was only like 6 when the channel was replaced!
    Max Damage wrote:
    AJ's Amazing Adventures (or something like that)
    AJ'S TIME TRAVELLERS! With the guy in the time machine yoke that travelled back in time to meet people. The doors of the thing looked like the ones on Stars in their Eyes. They said "Knowledge is Power!" a lot :D And there was the robot woman that found places and the guy with the crazy red hair!

The memories :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Anyone know what ever happened to Steve and Danni?

They used to be on the TCC express with a monkey called Bimbo, which ****ed of or something, and they had a bimbo appeal, then they had their own show which was a game show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Anyone know what ever happened to Steve and Danni?
    Were they on CITV after that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Christ, Link Anchorman, the memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

There was some other post-apocalyptic low budget Australian show with a lot of teenagers. Had some title like "scavengers" or "mongrels", although I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

Speaking of Australian kids shows, there was one which I'm pretty certain was on the Den, can't for the life of me remember its name.
    It was about rabbit family who lived in the woods and this other family moved in next door - well before I go any further let me say that the characters were human-like, as in they wore clothes, lived in a house, with household appliances etc. It was live action and the characters were played by humans in costume, but the production values were quite good as I remember, bit like that Jim Henson Dinosaurs programme.
    Anyway, I can't remember what species the neighbours were but they were weasels or dingos or something, predators of rabbits anyway cos the point of the show was that the father rabbit was really paranoid about them and was convinced they were trying to do his family in. Every episode was him getting into some embarrassment over his prejudice towards his neighbours.
    When I think about it now I'm sure the programme had some message about racism or something because the father's paranoia was always unfounded and his wife and kids didn't share it as they got on with the neighbours, who were always really friendly even to the father, but they were a bit scary with sharp fangs and a general wild look about them!

Phew! I hope that description doesn't read like the ramblings of a drunken simpleton, but I have definite memories of this show. None of my mates remember it though (they think I must have dreamed it) so I don't think there were many episodes, either that or the Den stopped showing it. The reason I remember it that it had a really strange atmosphere about it cos it was obviously filmed in a studio so the two houses appeared to be in a clearing, surrounded by this really dark, oppressive forest where no characters left or came in.
    This has been bothering me for ages and was wondering if any one else remembers it? If only to prove that I'm not mad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

cant believe that i'm the second person to mention " you cant do that on televison" and the first to mention that its where a young alanis morrisette got her break....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Yay! Was my favourite show by far on TCC. Loved the skit they done where they'd pop their heads out of the lockers to speak, then pop back in again.

And the gunge of course.

mwnger wrote:
    Speaking of Australian kids shows, there was one which I'm pretty certain was on the Den, can't for the life of me remember its name.
    It was about rabbit family who lived in the woods and this other family moved in next door - well before I go any further let me say that the characters were human-like, as in they wore clothes, lived in a house, with household appliances etc. It was live action and the characters were played by humans in costume, but the production values were quite good as I remember, bit like that Jim Henson Dinosaurs programme.
    Anyway, I can't remember what species the neighbours were but they were weasels or dingos or something, predators of rabbits anyway cos the point of the show was that the father rabbit was really paranoid about them and was convinced they were trying to do his family in. Every episode was him getting into some embarrassment over his prejudice towards his neighbours.
    When I think about it now I'm sure the programme had some message about racism or something because the father's paranoia was always unfounded and his wife and kids didn't share it as they got on with the neighbours, who were always really friendly even to the father, but they were a bit scary with sharp fangs and a general wild look about them!

Phew! I hope that description doesn't read like the ramblings of a drunken simpleton, but I have definite memories of this show. None of my mates remember it though (they think I must have dreamed it) so I don't think there were many episodes, either that or the Den stopped showing it. The reason I remember it that it had a really strange atmosphere about it cos it was obviously filmed in a studio so the two houses appeared to be in a clearing, surrounded by this really dark, oppressive forest where no characters left or came in.
    This has been bothering me for ages and was wondering if any one else remembers it? If only to prove that I'm not mad?

I REMEMBER THAT SHOW!!! Did the rabbit have a greenhouse with veggies that talked??
    i thought it was a swedish show, but then i realized that it was translated to swedish.
    i have an episode on a tape somewhere (when the beaver or whatever family is going to the beach in an orange or yellow car), but i just cant find it :(. And i dont remember that shows name either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Chula wrote:
    someone in an earlier thread asked if someone remembers this cartoon vampire who had nightmares and always woke up in the end, and something with overgrown fangs. Please i must know that shows name, ive looked everywhere, someone must know that shows name :)
    I WANT TO FIND THIS TOO SOOOOOOO BAD!!!!

I'm gna go the library and see if its listed on the TV listings of the old Tallaght Echo they have archived

It is actually like it didnt ever exist!

He was like a midget butler elephant in a suit, and always had nightmares

I remember one where he flew into some womans window and went to bite her but she had garlic

I MUST KNOW!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Was it Count Ducula?

Does anyone remember Otis the presenter? He later went on to be a co host of Short Change on BBC? 'Barry from Gloucestershire sent in a postcard to say Pepsi Cola is 11p in his local shop, now thats the cheapest in Britain. We're sending you out a fu*kin' life you little prick'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Nephew wrote:
    Was it Count Ducula?

Does anyone remember Otis the presenter? He later went on to be a co host of Short Change on BBC? 'Barry from Gloucestershire sent in a postcard to say Pepsi Cola is 11p in his local shop, now thats the cheapest in Britain. We're sending you out a fu*kin' life you little prick'
    No, Count Duckula was a duck!

This was a short vampire with giant fangs, he kinda looked like an elephant, and wore a suit. It was a silent cartoon, no talking, just music

it was amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

pugwall wrote:
    Remember the childrens channel? I used to love it! Here are a selection of memories:

- They once had a promotion going where the kids would send in a crisp and if it reached them without being damaged then the kid would be rewarded some 'amazing' prize. (most popular method was a matchbox and cotton wool)

- Pugwall

- Degrassi Junior High

-Rude dog and the DweeBs!

Add your own....................

I remember the crisp thing on the TCC. I remember one time someone from Ireland sent in a burger bite and they didnt have a clue what it was. Does anyone remember the artist or professor and all he did was try to draw the perfect circle. Also this show had marshall Bravestar on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Not sure if this was on tcc but there was a show were some kids had to find something in a room and basically they just went in there and trashed the place to try and find it. It was studio based but it just seemed soooo much fun at the time.

Another one off the top of my head was based around continents and there were different obsticales and or questions on each continent. Looked really cool cos people were sliding down slides or falling into sludge (sludge being the worst thing that could fall on anyone at the time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Conqueror

That was "Around the World in 80 Seconds", hosted by Captain Everything (aka Timmy Mallett, the guy from ITV's Wacaday and that 1990 cover of Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polkadot Bikini) and Minus One and Extra one, the evil "globestoppers".
    Basically, three teams of two from different schools, cheered on by their class, would compete against each other to win a chance of winning a trip to Disneyland Paris for their class. First round was "Lighten Your Load", a five-question quiz about the country the team "represented". Second round was usually a picture-puzzle round called "In Continent", where the teams had to place the right picture in each of the "six" continents. Third round was the Challenge Round", where each team faced Minus One or Extra One in a relpay of a scenario from the history of the chosen country. Finally, there was the globe stealing round, where each team, in turn, would get a chance to steal a point from another team by correctly answering a general knowledge question, which inevitably meant that the team in the lead at the start of the round by virtue of not being stupid would lose a load of globes and be screwed out of the game.
    At the end, the top team would race around the set, collecting flags (and prizes) within an eighty-second time limit (hence the name of the programme), with the team with the best overall score winning the top prize. Out of a possible 24,000 mile limit, the top team got as far as 22,000, if memory serves me correct.

That is way too long a response to a post which only vaguely remembers the programme in question...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I remember Sweet Valley high, which was always on at 4..Halfway Around the galaxy and Back...the logo, and they day it eh died and became Nickelodeon. Was the cartoon elephant show on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I remember Sweet Valley high, which was always on at 4..Halfway Around the galaxy and Back...the logo, and they day it eh died and became Nickelodeon. Was the cartoon elephant show on it?

Sweet valley high. Awesome program if you were a 14yr old boy. Jessicaaaaaaa......*drools*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was but a small child when TCC was taken from me and replaced with nickelodeon, my brothers told me the station blew up and I believed them...

that channel had great shows, I remember pugwall, sweeeeet vaaaaaleeyyy hiii-iiii-iiigh and earthworm Jim the most, but it showed so many repeats I remember hating it towards the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

does anyone remember when tcc came to dublin ..its was in st stephens green ...:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXBLxRFi3M&mode=related&search=

ERNEST THE VAMPIRE!!!!

LOL, how can i forget!!!!

Well i found it finally, and here it is...YIPPIIII!!!!:D :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭MW

solice wrote:
    really sorry for this ppl, but i remember this.
    (all you need is cheesy music, squeaky voice and no dignity)

TINY T.C.C.
    PO BOX 404
    something something
    LONDON W12

Ti-ny TCC
    P-O Box 404
    London WC2H 8PS (Spoke this line)
    England (High Pitch on this line)

I know that from Memory, how sad. Remember Tiny the big yellow fella with the mad blue hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Dinobabies!! Man I loved that cartoon, so simple and so cute.

Loved Pugwall "Marmaloooide....don't call me that! Marmaloooide....don't say it again"

California Dreams "surf dudes with attitude, kinda groovy, laid back moods" Ah the memories. Jake was so hot.

Round the twist was great too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MechCommanderJ

Hi guys.. thought id help eeryone out.. BATTLETECH cartoon can be gotten here -- go to the downloads section, media or Tv and it should be ther, all 13 eps. -- has skeleton warriors , though DONT USE IE to go there.

<no linking to full episodes please>

Advertisement