Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCC memories

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bking

Jeez this is bringing back memories! Ernest the Vampire reminds me of another in-between-programmes thing. Does anyone remember Le Piaf? It was a little yellow bird that played the Piano and I think the theme song was "he's the one, he's the one, he's the ooooooonnnnnee, a brand new kind of bird". How can i remember this and not what i did last week?!!

Also, Stories without Words? It did what it said on the tin. I remember Spartacus as one previous poster mentioned. It had a song in it like "We're the pirates who wander the seas, finding treasure something something" Strangest show ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hends

Chula wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXBLxRFi3M&mode=related&search=

ERNEST THE VAMPIRE!!!!

LOL, how can i forget!!!!

Well i found it finally, and here it is...YIPPIIII!!!!:D :D:D:D:D

THANK YOU !! Months Of Thinking. I Can Now Laugh In The Face Of Those Who Doubted Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Monkey61 wrote: »
    apologies if either of these has been mentioned already but I didn't see them and I need to know!!

The first was some sort of drama set on a Greek island. Have no idea what went on in every episode but there was a boy who might have been called Spike who always had sunscreen on his nose.

The second seemed to be vaguely like the Labyrinth film, or at least it involved some sort of labyrinth. There was a girl and a boy called Quinn and if I'm not mistaken, one episode involved them talking about an incident that vaguely recalled the plot of Equus.

Help!!

Just wanted to say, with regards to that first one, I've been looking for that for years! It was on around the same time period as The Finder and Interbang.

I remember something distinct about the show, there was a gang of kids (including the guy with the sunscreen on his noes) and there was this mysterious black woman who would never speak. I'm pretty sure they were afraid of her for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Chula wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXBLxRFi3M&mode=related&search=

ERNEST THE VAMPIRE!!!!

LOL, how can i forget!!!!

Well i found it finally, and here it is...YIPPIIII!!!!:D :D:D:D:D
    YE BLEEDIN LEGEND!

I cant stop smiling watchin that clip

Thanks!!!!!!

Does anyone remember when Trouble started? Loads of the hosts that were on TCC went over to that station.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just a bump to say that the Pugwall series and Pugwall's Summer is available on DVD. :)

Pugwall - The Complete Series (2 DVD).

Pugwall's Summer-Complete (4 DVD). (available Sept. 18th)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cactus86

The Botsmaster....tell me someone remembers this?!!

It cant be bought on DVD, it cant be got through other sources, the only option is poor quality video episodes on youtube...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Nanook32

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Gigantor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Class thread !! I remember most the stuff mentioned plus loads of odd stuff to lol

Someone mentioned telly cat i remember this but cant find any pics or vids of it ANYWHERE!!! does anyone know anywhere online can find stuff on it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Ah TCC! That was a great channel! So many good cartoons. Does anyone remember Cadillacs and Dinosaurs? That was excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cabhed

Hi I can remember watching this channel as well as a kid. I can remember watching at least 2 programmes that were on that channel that I didn't see mentioned yet. One was about a girl who had a guardian angel which was a woman in a bubble and some firey guy that was orginally a small bear. I think the firey guy was trying to make her evil but I'm not too sure. I can remember that the titles at the start and the end of it sounded like a woman singing dream-a-be. The other programme I can remember had some evil guy who had a face which was a shape of a baby's head on his chest ordering him around. Can anyone tell me the names of those two programmes if it's possible. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Cabhed wrote: »
    ... One was about a girl who had a guardian angel which was a woman in a bubble and some firey guy that was orginally a small bear. I think the firey guy was trying to make her evil but I'm not too sure. I can remember that the titles at the start and the end of it sounded like a woman singing dream-a-be...

Clementine??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7qcLbKRLwY&feature=related

Have you any more details on the second one?

filo87 wrote: »
    Clementine??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7qcLbKRLwY&feature=related

Have you any more details on the second one?

Yes, you're right clementine was the one I was looking for. I'm just wondering now if they have the english speaking version on youtube.

As for the second programme, all I know of it was that there was this baddie who had a bald head, He was half topless and the other half of his chest had a head which was the shape of a baby's. As far as I know, he was wearing blue on parts that was covered up. I'm not really sure who the good guys are meant to be in this programme, but that's all I can remember.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

I used to love Clementine.The English version isn't on Youtube, unfortunately.

I have no idea what the second one is but if you scroll to the end of this page on wiki there is a list of all the programmes that were on TCC:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Children's_Channel
    You might find the name of it there.

I actually tried to find it on that page one time but I couldn't, but thanks anyway.:confused::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I always hated TCC. The only thing I can remember is Earthworm Jim and they just constantly repeated the same episodes over and over.

Nickelodeon was a godsend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

cactus86 wrote: »
    The Botsmaster....tell me someone remembers this?!!

It cant be bought on DVD, it cant be got through other sources, the only option is poor quality video episodes on youtube...

Oh wow, blast from the past. Great show w/ 3D segments a la Battletech IIRC. I'll try and track down a proper copy of it somewhere.

Also, don't think Cadillacs and Dinosaurs has been mentioned, has it? Hilarious concept for a show but very watchable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

remember this?! the lesser known TCC programme! :D
    I used to think this was very grown up lol, I was only 8! :)

oh and one of my TCC favourites :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

wasnt it an easter break when they changed over to nickelodeon? i was so upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

yes - so many disappointed kids all over Ireland gutted with that decision.

Advertisement