Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxes of chocolates

• 15-06-2003 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

There are so many different boxes to choose from. Some are just totally crap. Crap chocolate, crap fillings...etc. Milk Tray are different now. There used to be creamy fillings in some too. Like the Orange Creme had orange gooey stuff and now it's just orange flavoured truffle. Bring back the gooey stuff I say!

So what's yer fave box of chocolates and what's yer fave filling?
    I do like Milk Tray but not as much since they went all out on the truffle. At the moment I'd have to go with After Eights...mmm...and Maltesers come in second place. I also much prefer chocolates when they've been in the fridge.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I have to say I don't like Milk Tray or Roses or any cadbury's chocolate anymore.

I do like Leonidas chocolates though, where you can stand there and tell them what you want in your box of chocolates!!!!!

How deadly is that!! Give me five million of those mildly coffee flavoured white chocolate ones and fill the rest of the box with as much pralines as you can get in there!! Hooray!!!

Belgian chocolate all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Wow, I'd totally forgotten about Leonidas chocolates. Really nice. They have chocolate coins that my bro and I used to get bags of and just stuff our faces.
    I like the white chocolate pralines...in fact most of them are pretty damn good! Very filling though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Mars Celebrations are nice.
    Not the Topics or Bounties, but the Maltesers ones are really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mavedic

the new australian food store on middle abbey street does great chocolates. expensive enough something like 5 euro for a box of 6 chocolates but they're well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

I could eat an entire box on the slightly milk chocolates with gooey carmel in the middle. Chocolate just does something to me. It' so, so, UUMMM!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Maltesers. MMMMMmmmmmm :)
    Not the box, not the tub, but the big mad bucket! OMG, heaven!

Roses are good too. Almost the same as Milk Tray except they're wrapped individually and they're cheaper.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Originally posted by oneweb
    Maltesers. MMMMMmmmmmm :)
    Not the box, not the tub, but the big mad bucket! OMG, heaven!

There are buckets of Maltesers? WHERE?! LET ME AT 'EM!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Lily O'Brien's have a new product on the market, they are sticky toffee pudding chocolates, and they are nicest thing I have ever tasted.
    You must try them.
    You must try them.
    You must try them.*

*I do not own shares in Lily O'Briens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by Sandi
    There are buckets of Maltesers? WHERE?! LET ME AT 'EM!

Yeah :) Or at least there were at the start of the year. 800grams of those yummy lil malty balls in a 15cm bucket :) I hadn't much money the day I spotted them, otherwise I prolly woulda bought a ton of 'em :)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Terry's - big blue box. Yummy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement