Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlecraft1942 ARGGHHHHHHHHHH

Options
  • 15-06-2003 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

how do you get this thing to work properly, i installed it and it worked the very first time i started it, had a soldier and spawn and everything

What im trying to do is move the pre-exiting base spawns from the middle of the map to opposite ends of it so theres a fair distance between them, and i cant flaming do it.

Ive tried cutting and pasting nothing happens, ive tried moving and dragging they wont move, what ive done now is create new control points and deleting the pre-existing ones, all the game does now when i try to test the map is freeze at the loading the map screen, ive left the pre-existing spawns and just had the soldiers spawn at the new control point still freezes

Anyone any ideas

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ah yes. You get used to mapping soon. You gotta select the spawn (make it red) and then select the X/Y axis thingy to move it around.

For information on Gettig Started with Battlecraft on the Battlecraft Site

Also, see the Game Editing board for more information...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I think i may have overwritten the rfas, would this cause the game to freeze at the end of the loading bar

Regards

Shin

ive give up on this, my map just wont load in bf, stops at the end of the loading bar and completely freezes my machine, will wait until a more proper or stable version of it comes out

regards

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

did u compile the map properly?? ive never used battlecraft so im only speakin from experience from other nonbf mappin tools. there might be some texture / model files ur usin that the game doesnt no the dir for them etc..... there are literally hundreds of possibilites......it is a frustrating occupation :(

yeah tell me about it, this was supposed to be the easiest map builder of the lot, but if seems from the battlecraft site that its bugged to hell, anytime that you try to do something fancy it just aint having it, what kills me though is i had an early build map loaded and working in bf1942 after compiling it in battlecraft, but no joy since then

Just freezes the entire comp at the end of the loading bar and i have to restart the machine

will just wait till they release a newer version

Regards

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i wouldnt worry about it, u should see winters latest "map"

an untextured mountain with a hanger beside it

good work my man

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    i wouldnt worry about it, u should see winters latest "map"

an untextured mountain with a hanger beside it

good work my man

Hey, that was just over an hour of work and i didnt have a clue what i was doing. I cant make the maps start without land just water so i kept trying to do it ....

Anywhy. I must get back to doing that but the GameEditing site is at the top of my list. Expect good How To's on BC once I get this Game Editing site done! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THOSE RFAS INTACT

:D

heheh

kdjac

Advertisement