Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for net connection

Options
  • 15-06-2003 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've just finished college and am currently using an Eircom free dial-up account for net access. I used to have free access in college so I didn't use the home connection all that much but now that I'm finished there I'm looking to re-assess my options.

I normally only go on in the evenings or at weekends for bout an hour at a time. I'm just wondering if there are any dial-up dealies etc that would save me money on what I pay at the moment (standard rate for local call). Any advice or suggestions would be heartily welcomed. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

IOL's Netsmart is great IMO for off peak access, I've had very little problems with them since I switched over.
    I'm on the 120 hours/month one but they also have an 80 and 30 or 40 hours (can't remember which it is) per month too, and the costs aren't too bad either. Check the site for prices etc. can't think of them off hand myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

and of course UTV have a light usage option, 30 hours per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Thanks lads. I'm gonna look into both IOL and UTV. Cheers. :)

Advertisement