Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Cameras (vor stirring ****)

Options
  • 27-11-1998 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

I was stirring **** the other day with my pokey stick and an old, rust-ridden, downy bucket when my mother rang me with a question :-

"daire(she said), i think i'm gonna get a digital camera for the family like...it'd be a bit of fun wouldn't it? (i said it would) What camera do you think I should get?"

I don't know the first thing about digital cameras..what we're looking for here is cheap, high quality (i.e. photo quality images), zoom (possibly) and the MPEG yoke. Now if anyone knows of a good cheap camera that can take high quality images (1024X800 (or whatever)) then could you give me it's name?

Thanks lads, most helpfull.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

How about this one Gandalf :

PowerShot 600 -http://www.canon.ie/products/multimedia/power600.htm

Is that a good one? :/ Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If you wnat the latest and greatest you want to get what they call a megapixal digital Camera (they're around £500.00 lids), otherwise check around somewhere like Dixons they seem to have cool prices at the moment.

It may be worth your while waiting until after Christmas as well.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Get a digital Camcorder you can use it as a camera as well. However if your looking for the camera here's some points to ask.

1. How many shots can it take and at what resolution (most companys have a habit of giving you the max res possible and the max shots possible, both not possible at the same time).

2. Storage. How are the shots stored? Floppy disks and internal memory are normally c r a p , flash memory cards are a bit better.

2. Batterys... How long do they last? Can you get a power supply for it?

3. Software. Twain compatible? Right O/S?

4. Output devices. Does it support sending to a VCR? Does it use USB or Serial/paralell connecter? will your machine support it?

I could proberly think of more.. but it's late and I'm tired :)

Advertisement