Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DivX Question

Options
  • 15-06-2003 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

I have a DivX that plays with picture only and no sound. That is with picture only and no sound on DivX Player and Windows Media Player.
    If I play it on videolan then it works properly. I don't understand why it wont play properly on the others.
    Any ideas?

[edit]woops meant to post in technology not here.[/edit]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Have you got all the right codecs ?

[edit] Try a program called GSpot i think that will tell you what codecs a .avi will be using.[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I had the same problem a while back. I had install an audiofilter to get the sound working. I got it off a friend but I don't know where you get it on the net. It was a zip file named Audiofilter if thats any help. There is a txt file in it with instructions.
    It's only about 500Kb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

You need the right codec for your audio. Go to http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tools.htm#codecs for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah but surely if it plays in VideoLan with sound I already have the right codecs installed.
    I downloaded GSpot and it said the audio codecs were supported by Windows Media Player and DivX Player.
    But in DivX Player it says:
    The video file you are opening includes audio data that is not recognized by the DivX Player.

The file contains the following type of data:

Audio Data: Tag 353

You made need to install a new codec on your computer to listen to the audio.

The only thing I noticed was that GSpot couldn't render the file. I got this message:
    DirectShow was unable to render the file. Following is the error it reported:

0x00040242:VFW_S_PARTIAL_RENDER - Some of the streams in this movie are in an unsupported format.

This must be the reason it wont play with audio. Is there anyway to fix it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Morgan stream switcher?
    You probably have the codec involved but have configured one or more of the players to use the wrong one to read it.
    Use BSPlayer ;)

• Advertisement

Will that allow me to load a playlist?
    The only reason I use Windows Media Player is because I can load playlists.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yes you can load playlists. You can also use many Winamp plugins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Heres a list of everything you need.. Its not as long as you may think...

DivX 505 Bundle.

Xvid Installer Dated 11 feb

Some Strange AC3 audio codec with the following 2 files.
    iviaudio.ax
    mpgaudio.ax

With just these 3 codecs I have been able to pla everything that has ever been downloaded.

I cant remember where I downloaded the xvid installer, or the ac3 codec so If anyone wants and cant find them, drop me a PM and I'll mail them to you.

Ok, my bundle is 5.0.2 so I'll start by updating that.
    I'll have a google for the other codecs. Cheers

And oddly enough the page I have bookmarked has all 3 of the above. :)

http://divxstation.com/softwareId.asp?sId=163

Advertisement