Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All independent bands please read.

Options
  • 15-06-2003 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I'm about to begin writing an article for IRIS Magazine about the state of the Independent music scene in Ireland, including the cancellation of "No Disco" and the demise of many of the "pirate" radio stations (like PhantomFM). I need your help.

IMPORTANT -- I may (or may not) end up quoting you in the article, so if you want to remain anonymous, please *tell me!*

I'm working on a pretty tight deadline, and I need all replies in by Tuesday morning (June 17th) at the latest.

Please do NOT reply to this post, but instead email me with your name, your bands' name, and "Indie Band Answers" in the subject line.

Answer the following:

1. How difficult has it been for you to break into the music scene in Ireland, specifically with regard to the following:

a. Where do you play?
    b. What radio stations give you airtime?
    c. Which stores sell your records?
    d. Are there any older bands who support you?

email: rueyn@landofrueyn.org

Thank you VERY much in advance for your time!!

-Angela(rueyn)

Advertisement