Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB vs Ethernet ADSL Modem?

Options
  • 15-06-2003 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

So - UTV have arrived (at last!) with an ADSL broadband offer, and I note that it is based on a Fujitsu USB ADSL Modem (FDX310)....

Is there any particular difference between USB and/or Ethernet ADSL modems? Does it matter which one is selected?

c0y0te

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭zz03

Originally posted by c0y0te
    So - UTV have arrived (at last!) with an ADSL broadband offer, and I note that it is based on a Fujitsu USB ADSL Modem (FDX310)....

Is there any particular difference between USB and/or Ethernet ADSL modems? Does it matter which one is selected?

c0y0te

I've got both (two different ISPs/locations). The ethernet one is much faster and secure.

USB is a dumbdown.

zz..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Definitely ethernet. No drivers to worry about, huge benefit if you want to use it with a non Windows OS.

Advertisement