Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Life Multiplayer over net

Options
  • 27-11-1998 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭

[HIV]Arganiod (1 of our uk players) got it yesterday, played it on barrysworld (he gets a 160ms ping on bw with Q2) and to quote the man
    It runs like a dog, lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Cave

Sounds like yet another victim of the Corporate hoes tryin to get their product out before the rest!! Test the software Hoes! TEST IT!!

Cave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

test then fix the ****ing problems! dont wait a few months and releases patches and ****!! god damn, q2 !!!! arghhhh
    anyway, ill calmdown and maybe get some sleep! doh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Yep, the multiplayer sucks badly at the mo alright. The levels arent brilliant, but the weapons are fairly funny, the lag is woeful tho.

In single player it kicks Q2 around the place - better graphics, AI, decent story line and pretty scary as well (!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Well, I'm going to buy it tommorow. I mean the single-player alone warrants its purchase which says alot for the game. I'll then play it a good few times in Sweden with ma ISDN and tell you what it's like and then play afew games on LAN. Report soon in other words...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

What kind of computer do you need to run it, and can the gamme be changed in it, hope so or i wont be able to see it with my monitor......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I bought it yesterday and played single player all night - IT IS ABSOLUTELY BRILIANT! *BUY IT*. :) The bit with the 3 huge tentacles is worth it alone. :)

As for multiplayer, I played it for an hour last night on Barrysworld, my ping was around 25-300 most of the time, but it felt a good bit worse. However, the feel of the game is very different, so I reckon a lot of the hassle I had with it was because I'm more used to q2.

That said, I dunno if I'll be a fan - the dm play is very action-quakey, which I'm not a fan of..

Teeth.

...yar able to change the gamma no probs damo...if you can run q2 in any way well then you can run HalfLife.

Got the hang of some of the levs, starting to enjoy it now. The lag is still pretty woegous tho.

Must be a sign of my sick mind, but I love the way the gore, bullet holes, and blackened bits where grenades or rockets have exploded stay on the level :) Go into a room where there was a major scrap a while back and the place is in bits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Whats it like on FPS lads? about the same as quake2?? In other words will it work well on my 233mmx/Voodoo1....

It should run pretty well on your comp Spoon, once you have a 3d card it seems to be fine. It looks atrocious in software mode, despite the claims about software rendering on the box :)

One word o warning: you have to have Glide 2.54 or better to run it with a voodoo 1 or 2. I only had 2.50 when I installed it, and it just flat out refused to run on my V2. I ended up downloading the beta release of the V2 directX 6 drivers from 3dfx.com. I think they have Glide 2.54 there for v1 too, tho, about a 2.5 meg d/l.

• Advertisement

hey i thought it looked like 3Dfx in Software Mode, It's LOVELY!

Advertisement