Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sound card driver problem

• 15-06-2003 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

right..just installed win 2k ..finally upgraded from Me and i cant for the life of me install drivers to get my sound card functioning! its driving me mad! windows detects it alright but when the wizard pops up and searches the installation cd for the drivers..nothing..nada..zilch.. :confused:

anyone know how i could fix this and on the website its links wont work.. http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php

its a Hercules Muse xl by the way

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

You should get a driver at DriverGuide.com

Oh yes and also check out the MS
    HCL Cal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

your cd drivers arn't probably 2000 compatable, do a google for your drivers or look at the manufacuters site, or driver guide as cal67 said - the user name for driver guide is "driver" and the pass is "all". if you just select the cd drive with your drivers on it, windows won't find it exactly, go to the browse and look for the folder on the cd that contains your driver, it will more than be likely called driver.ini and windows will install it if i thinks it's the right one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Originally posted by Leggo
    if you just select the cd drive with your drivers on it, windows won't find it exactly, go to the browse and look for the folder on the cd that contains your driver,

But since this is Windows 2000 it is ok to just point to the cd as W2K can search sub directories itself.

Cal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

my installation cd does have w2k drivers however windows fails to recognises these!

i also do just click on the directory and windows searches but with no results...

thanks lads ill try what ye said!

======
    sound
    ======

Advertisement